THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

OK. Here is another "What Is IT."
I am asking for the pottery/maker, not what the item actually used to be. Of course, if you know that, I would be grateful as well as impressed. The reason I am curious is because when I went to that bottle show, there was a piece/shard same coloring, except with a lion mastiff in the middle. The selling price was $5.00. I asked the lady, "Why so much?" She shrugged her shoulders and replied, "I don't know." Obviously, she was just a sit in to sell at the show.
1599024-b900b672489edf1465ffa1f5cb374150.jpg

my pics don't do it justice. It is a very deep green and yellow.
Wonder if it's pieces of Mojorica pottery

Gee I hope it's not like the carton of milk in the fridge-type thing-like one day one opens it, and wow the familiar nose notes sink into the brain. Expired!
Then on the other hand it's like a well casked rum that just gets smoother with age-no real expiry date.
Rum is definitely back up for bad milk days... :P

Gee I hope it's not like the carton of milk in the fridge-type thing-like one day one opens it, and wow the familiar nose notes sink into the brain. Expired!
Then on the other hand it's like a well casked rum that just gets smoother with age-no real expiry date.
LOL, The first couple of times it was like the milk. Then, a couple years ago, I re-upped mine and tried to gift a membership to someone. Well, that didn't work for whatever reason and I got a two year stint.

Wonder if it's pieces of Mojorica pottery
I have looked at that before. Took another look after your post and did find a

Crown Potteries Company of Evansville, Indiana​

that made a majolica style pottery. early 1900's to mid 1900s. Might be from there. Not enough time to research today, but thanks, Pepper for guess. I just may find it, yet.

Yes it is,but that's not saying much :laughing7::tongue3:
Morning RTR
Been following the rain barrel project.

Just bought all the piping/drip hose/connectors for the berry patch/garden-ouch!
(July project)
Something like 1600 ft of tubing and hoses.
Running it on a 12 ga. high tensile steel wire.

Bought a 2000 ft. roll. Bloody spring trap, a real pain to unroll.
I asked a lifetime farmer on what did I do wrong to have it go BONG!
Nothing-just the way some are rolled up, some are good, some go into a rats nest.

Have to source the connectors for the 300 gallon cage totes.
Years ago I did one up for sap.
Seems every tote manufacturer has a different gate valve thread. (Total BS)
The new totes are from Sweden so it'll be metric
Linseed oil came in them, food grade, no additives or chemicals added to the oil.

Been a long time lurker finally decided to join, hope y’all don’t feel that I’m nitriding on your fun. Got my first machine a year ago and still trying to figure it out. Seems like y’all are old souls like I consider myself, as the great Jimmy Buffett said, “I am pirate 200 years too late”!!
Well , C'mon then Bama.

(Note Jimmy's shorts pattern.)

Morning WHADIFIND, RC
Hope your day is starting off fine.
Mornin P.J..
Takin it slow after getting the dogs squared away.
Need to unload the tractor still.
Don't want to pull the non drive over mower deck , but blades need sharpened and balanced. Found an edge of my drag harrow in the tall growth with one of the blades. And I knew where it was prior. Kinda speeded up the wear interval.:BangHead:

Turnip seedlings are up.
I might hold off longer before thinning them and eat the greens.
Late planting ,but I've been hard frosted out of plants the second week of June before while attending a shoot and not home to cover anything up.
Maturity dates of all I (we) planted are within getting done before fall first frost.
In theory anyways!

Left some carrots to go to seed last fall expecting them to be up again this year and didn't note any growing this spring....

I wish everything grew like the field grass, and weeds do.
They have certainly adapted well.

I dragged the backblade on my former food plot for deer , left fallow last year. Hardly bothered it anywhere near what I had in mind.
But hope to have stressed it enough to kill (well weaken or go dormant ) most the grass.
Tough clumps type. And of course rooted well enough to withstand anything nature throws at it.
I don't use herbicides. Do understand why they get used though.
My luck , if I did ; the stuff growing would be resistant . Or become so. l.o.l..

Morning RTR
Been following the rain barrel project.

Just bought all the piping/drip hose/connectors for the berry patch/garden-ouch!
(July project)
Something like 1600 ft of tubing and hoses.
Running it on a 12 ga. high tensile steel wire.

Bought a 2000 ft. roll. Bloody spring trap, a real pain to unroll.
I asked a lifetime farmer on what did I do wrong to have it go BONG!
Nothing-just the way some are rolled up, some are good, some go into a rats nest.

Have to source the connectors for the 300 gallon cage totes.
Years ago I did one up for sap.
Seems every tote manufacturer has a different gate valve thread. (Total BS)
The new totes are from Sweden so it'll be metric
Linseed oil came in them, food grade, no additives or chemicals added to the oil.
Maybe placing that tubing in direct sunlight will make it easier to work with ? All the stuff you've listed (and the stuff i'm using) have crazy/insane price tags. We Just ordered 55 pounds of activated charcoal for $260.00 YIKES :):) :BangHead::BangHead:

They have certainly adapted well.

I dragged the backblade on my former food plot for deer , left fallow last year. Hardly bothered it anywhere near what I had in mind.
But hope to have stressed it enough to kill (well weaken or go dormant ) most the grass.
Tough clumps type. And of course rooted well enough to withstand anything nature throws at it.
I don't use herbicides. Do understand why they get used though.
My luck , if I did ; the stuff growing would be resistant . Or become so. l.o.l..
rc thanks for responding to my first ever thread-i got to see ernest tubb and jack greene at moravian hall in corn hill shortly after statue of a fool was released-i was 15-it was cool -thanks for the post

Maybe placing that tubing in direct sunlight will make it easier to work with ? All the stuff you've listed (and the stuff i'm using) have crazy/insane price tags. We Just ordered 55 pounds of activated charcoal for $260.00 YIKES :):) :BangHead::BangHead:
Time rusted it out..
I cut the top third off a steel drum , and welded a tophat shaped piece of round stock to the lid for a handle.
By getting a good oak oak quarter of a round burning around a third through I could put the lid on to snuff the fire and have charcoal the next day.

Old times and perhaps in places today a stack would be set afire and then (at what point?) be covered in sand to cook charcoal.

I should buy a handpump for the well. And loosen then retighten by hand my well caps fasteners. There is an artesian I've used in the past several miles away though. It and a village parks potable water have been used prior to my bigger generator.

Not sure how accurate this guy is. Looks interesting though if his ratios are good and the result works!

Time rusted it out..
I cut the top third off a steel drum , and welded a tophat shaped piece of round stock to the lid for a handle.
By getting a good oak oak quarter of a round burning around a third through I could put the lid on to snuff the fire and have charcoal the next day.

Old times and perhaps in places today a stack would be set afire and then (at what point?) be covered in sand to cook charcoal.

I should buy a handpump for the well. And loosen then retighten by hand my well caps fasteners. There is an artesian I've used in the past several miles away though. It and a village parks potable water have been used prior to my bigger generator.

Not sure how accurate this guy is. Looks interesting though if his ratios are good and the result works!

Yeah,I've seen that video.

Great morning TNet crew. Wishing you all a wonderful day. I hope you're all doing well. I'm in for another lame day. Not much for me to do beyond yard work and such

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back