THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Now here we go again, slippery slope you're going down.
I'm just saying that on most forums today a woman shows a man something to spark his interest.

But a pirate goes showing off a lantern, to a lantern pirate.
Bloody keyboard is all wet by now from the drooling.
You got him so turned on showing him your lantern.
What you thinking girl? :laughing7:
Hey , she's (I mean it's , got to be P.C. now a days ) hot!
Well , I mean could be hot. There's a process.
And for the record , I'm only looking. Didn't even touch anything.
Oops. What's that , a fingerprint on the screen?

Here's what I'd be saying if I was there giving unsolicited advice while being delighted just to be there.

Shhhh.
Stop.

It's out there.
You're here.
There is only one way to be on an X. That is by being on it.
You've done that repeatedly enough to prove it.

Don't count the unsuccessful attempts. Or keep score of dry dives.
Do keep doing your research and homework and scouting.
It'll happen again. It always has.

Savor the pursuit. You live long enough and you might trade some of the best recoveries to be able to only search a hot lead again. And come up with empty pockets.

Bank the ability and experience. The /that ability alone is worth a small fortune.
As to the richness of experiences ; well ;what do you value the most of your past? Tangible goodies?? Or acquiring them after the effort of earning them?

Now hand me that necklace.....quit frogging around; and go find something really exceptional you can recover!
Yes...yes RC....I believe your right !! Im just the bus driver this time....maybe I can put my nephews and son and even there aunt (who is dying to go on my adventures) on an experience that we all remember !! I should have no worries....I just need to show them a taste of adventure and hopefully a memento to bring home to remember it by....thats what is the priorty....thanks for straightening things out for me....the treasure will come....can only do one thing at a time !! Sure is exciting to know that I can get up at 430 am and just hunt the beach till 9-10 am.....then come back have breakfast with everyone, and then start the day of adventures!! Woooo hoooo !! Im getting fired up !!

Mornin all.

Scored on another Coleman fuel funnel yesterday. Whoo hoo!

There were two funnel boxes/packages and some mantles posted for free within a hundred miles last week (?)... I didn't contact the owner to ask if funnels were in the boxes. Heck I'dtake the boxes in a heart beat.
Oh I wanted to.
Just like a stove , lantern were put on the curb in a previous add in a nearby (30-40 Miles maybe) city.

But others would likely get there before me.
Or worse , someone could be using such things to bait/lure crazy older Coleman fans.

One good thing about the gas prices. Its kept the boat traffic Way Down :headbang::laughing7::icon_thumright:
007.JPG
006.JPG
005.JPG
013.JPG

Good morning pirates !

Been terribly sick and busy. It’s been ridiculous! I have been taking 4 ibuprofen every 4-6 hours for about a week now. Unbelievable how you can get a good report from the Drs and then in 2 days your body says, “ Oh no we ain’t!” Anyway, I think I am starting to turn around, but I still have to get an ultrasound done this afternoon. Got to make sure what the technician saw is not cancerous. Getting old just sucks!

And thank you pirates for replying to my thread. (Note to self: post here first)

Well hope everyone is having a good weekend.
We had our first restaurant meal in 2 1/2 yrs.
33rd anniversary so we went and had a pizza last night.
Got the 17.5lb turkey roasting at the moment.
If it's not done we'll survive on left over pizza, salad, and soup.
Mowed the berry patch this morning.
Put a shear pin in the bush hog.
I'm thinking maybe I should sharpen the blades up a tad.
Then again the grass was nearly 2ft high.
Need to trim a maple branch that's bugging the Mrs.
Time for the pole saw.
Happy belated anniversary!

Good morning pirates !

Been terribly sick and busy. It’s been ridiculous! I have been taking 4 ibuprofen every 4-6 hours for about a week now. Unbelievable how you can get a good report from the Drs and then in 2 days your body says, “ Oh no we ain’t!” Anyway, I think I am starting to turn around, but I still have to get an ultrasound done this afternoon. Got to make sure what the technician saw is not cancerous. Getting old just sucks!

And thank you pirates for replying to my thread. (Note to self: post here first)
Oh gee WD, was wondering what you have been doing.
Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well.
Hope all is just a tech. seeing something that is a nothing.
Frigging scary either way. Thoughts are going your way.
Yes getting older sucks, sometimes.

Happy belated anniversary!
Well thank you.
She love's me so much she packed up and left for a 2 week stay with her family.
Reunion time, so the Pepper is holding down the fort.
Times as this it's a reality check.
Do appreciate the fact that she does alot of lifting 💪 around the place.
Just dog paddling like a mad Chihuahua in 6 ft seas.

Good morning pirates !

Dang. Get well and squared up W.D..

Someone has to fry crispy eggs for the Mr..!

Morning John
Hope the day is a good one and you have sometime to catch a little playtime in.
My day is going alright, not much to do today, slightly aggravated as 20 acres worth of sprinklers I hand took out and drug in a wheelbarrow all day got sold and I got nothing for my work. So a little pissed off but guess not much I can say about it. How are you doing though?

How are you doing today?
Good.
You?

Stopped for some things at a big store yesterday. Peanut butter stock was low at home and contamination recall(s) been affecting some stock in stores.
Scored some favorite natural from a shop just South of here on sale.
Then bread and some minor stuff.

Store short on electric carts so I toughed it out on crutches.
Made for a rough night , but at least I was up before the dogs today!

Good.
You?

Stopped for some things at a big store yesterday. Peanut butter stock was low at home and contamination recall(s) been affecting some stock in stores.
Scored some favorite natural from a shop just South of here on sale.
Then bread and some minor stuff.

Store short on electric carts so I toughed it out on crutches.
Made for a rough night , but at least I was up before the dogs today!
Looks like a busy day but better a busy day than a day of nothing to do. I'm doing alright just some slight aggravation and as always some kind of anxiety.

I'd still ask you to run a tractor.
Helpful guy that I am...
:icon_thumright:
You'd think I know how to run tractors but just like a car I won't even use those lol. I never even got myself comfortable enough to use a tractor. Don't even have tractors here anymore all the farm equipment here was sold. Speaking of this I probably will have an altercation with the person using my families land at the moment(my grandpas relative). Wasn't supposed to plow the land near our wood pile so we gave access to the wood and told not to multiple times and failed to give a crap. So it made things difficult on me multiple times so needless to say I've had it. I purposely go dig up the field now and don't bury my holes or anything. Don't disrespect me or my family. Pisses me off. Had to dig my step father work truck out already once because he couldn't get through to get the work we need for the catering business. So I'm pissed at the disrespect.

You'd think I know how to run tractors but just like a car I won't even use those lol. I never even got myself comfortable enough to use a tractor. Don't even have tractors here anymore all the farm equipment here was sold. Speaking of this I probably will have an altercation with the person using my families land at the moment(my grandpas relative). Wasn't supposed to plow the land near our wood pile so we gave access to the wood and told not to multiple times and failed to give a crap. So it made things difficult on me multiple times so needless to say I've had it. I purposely go dig up the field now and don't bury my holes or anything. Don't disrespect me or my family. Pisses me off. Had to dig my step father work truck out already once because he couldn't get through to get the work we need for the catering business. So I'm pissed at the disrespect.
Also not sorry for the rant I have a temper with certain things and rant.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back