THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Morning old texan and RC.....HERES A SCREEN SHOT OF MY WEATHER...??....IM STUCK IN CAPITAL LETTERS!!
Screenshot_20220602-082530_MyRadar.jpg

The big blob is coming at us....here we go again !!

You see ARC....its like this....my views on global warming are like this.....there very personal and private so I prefer to keep them to myself...thank you sir !!
Well the thread was NEVER meant to be "political"... NOR was it even meant to be debated or even posted opinions about it.

I was just throwing the bone out there... ran across the article and thought i would share it.

When i throw a bone... i dont care if it tastes good or not. heh

Chew on it or not... it was given.

Well the thread was NEVER meant to be "political"... NOR was it even meant to be debated or even posted opinions about it.

I was just throwing the bone out there... ran across the article and thought i would share it.

When i throw a bone... i dont care if it tastes good or not. heh

Chew on it or not... it was given.
Throwing a bone out and you know there's a pack of dogs waiting to get a chew-really what were you thinking?

Add climate change to the sand also, the line gets drawn quite deep.

I wont make the same mistake... thought many would like to read it and understand it.

But...

You can lead a horse to water but you can never make it drink.
Intentions were there ARC-but to know the norm works in the world it's just too deep for all to understand.
Even here the words have to chosen carefully to stay on the road of acceptability (rules)

To sum it up easily I think it's a personal decision and the reflection in the mirror is the moral compass for many.
That reflection goes through life with blinders and till they see different then it might change.

Im starting to get butterflies in my stomach.....im going treasure hunting in the bahamas, and im so ready to go !! Im in a real slump.... just can't get any gold. Im finding jewelry every hunt. Ut its all been crap except for a couple pieces. Im gonna work early morning and even nights to try and cover harbor islands treasure spots....there is alot to hunt here. Probably start on the pink sands Beach for the mega fresh drop gold.....then over to the government docks to freedive bottles....then an old trash dump for mudlarking that goes back to 1690s, then there are my bahamian permissions, and a boat ride to my 8 cannon pirate camp island....im nervous ill get sidetracked by other stuff, and family obligations. Ill work the headlamp at night on the resort beaches, and free dive bottles and hunt permissions during the day....sometime during all this im gonna have to take everyone marlin fishing....I only have 4 days.....im gonna burn the candle at both ends !!

Im starting to get butterflies in my stomach.....im going treasure hunting in the bahamas, and im so ready to go !! Im in a real slump.... just can't get any gold. Im finding jewelry every hunt. Ut its all been crap except for a couple pieces. Im gonna work early morning and even nights to try and cover harbor islands treasure spots....there is alot to hunt here. Probably start on the pink sands Beach for the mega fresh drop gold.....then over to the government docks to freedive bottles....then an old trash dump for mudlarking that goes back to 1690s, then there are my bahamian permissions, and a boat ride to my 8 cannon pirate camp island....im nervous ill get sidetracked by other stuff, and family obligations. Ill work the headlamp at night on the resort beaches, and free dive bottles and hunt permissions during the day....sometime during all this im gonna have to take everyone marlin fishing....I only have 4 days.....im gonna burn the candle at both ends !!
Don't stress yourself out trying to figure it all out.
Go with the flow-thinking do it like "Island time style"

Did I just say that-like what are you telling a half crazed pirate treasure hunter that's in a finds slump.
"Island time"

I'm sure I will get the plank for even suggesting that.

So burn 🔥 it Bart, just replace the char'd ends later when you get back.
Good luck buddy.:headbang:

Screenshot_20220602-090627_Maps.jpg
20220602_090745.jpg
circled in red is the old "king country plantation.....the owner lives in Nassau, and allows the community to use this property like a park.....I have found cobbs from the 1700s here, pistols, rifles, and even to old pieces of gold jewelry.
20220602_090935.jpg

The long oval in red is circling an old carrige road that runs through the property and has produced well in the past with inferior machines. The other red circle is around an old trash dump that has some great bottles, and the blue circle is around ruins where others found gold coins...thats a rumor that must be checked. And thats just one spot !!

Here's what I'd be saying if I was there giving unsolicited advice while being delighted just to be there.

Shhhh.
Stop.

It's out there.
You're here.
There is only one way to be on an X. That is by being on it.
You've done that repeatedly enough to prove it.

Don't count the unsuccessful attempts. Or keep score of dry dives.
Do keep doing your research and homework and scouting.
It'll happen again. It always has.

Savor the pursuit. You live long enough and you might trade some of the best recoveries to be able to only search a hot lead again. And come up with empty pockets.

Bank the ability and experience. The /that ability alone is worth a small fortune.
As to the richness of experiences ; well ;what do you value the most of your past? Tangible goodies?? Or acquiring them after the effort of earning them?

Now hand me that necklace.....quit frogging around; and go find something really exceptional you can recover!

Hey lady! There's rules about posting provocative stuff here!

Nope. I don't need it.

May of 1994.
The model will be on the collar , but it's after or around the CL models.
Might be one I have a couple generators for I picked up in an auction lot.

I nabbed a CL2 (similar to the above) with a plastic case and a mantel or two for ten bucks.
I don't care for the Scrader valve in the newer adjustable lanterns. It's like the valve core of a tire air valve.
But , the glass on most is worth ten bucks.
Your picture shows a cracked glass globe. Crazy glue should stop it from breaking , but it's still cracked. So , I'd pass it. Unless the owner wanted to get rid of it really bad.

The fuel fill cap in your picture is shedding it's paint.
But to get an idea of when to look closer , the cap pictured is flat on top. Smooth. One piece cap.
Older lanterns prior to around 1970 have a three piece cap. You'll see a slotted screw head bulging above the top of the cap. Now we're more into the age of lanterns I lean towards.
Not there are not newer one piece capped ones like 200A's I won't look at....
Those can fetch a pretty penny in the right markets.
Being cheap , I usually don't have to look too long though as most sellers realize people exist that will pay more. L.o.l..

There are earlier caps than I described. Winged are one.
There are evolutions in Coleman lanterns too. From early torch heated pre lighting (torch was just an alcohol brush /swab to preheat generator) to quicklites , to instant lights. Or something like that.

Thanks for the share!
The cracked globe , the evolution of the model (adjustable) , the mantles are not silk lites or other brand vs the newer crap quality Colemans..
I could live with the rim rash. Hey again I'm cheap.

Due to modern/newer mantles common on the market here (others can be found or bought online though that are worth buying) I'd have to add a heatshield below the burners on that one.
As I did with another of it's kind. A hole in a cheap mantle directing a jet of very high heat at the fount....I want a shield.

New glass 10-15 bucks on a common.
Heat shield (commercial vs home made) 7-10 bucks.
Decent mantles maybe 2.00 and up X 2...Maybe 5 bucks for serious good ones.

That is adding 25.00 to the purchase price by the time labor and clean up are done.
And we still haven't checked the seal on the fill cap , or the pump.
Or inside the fount for rust or corrosion.
Were it a scarce model though , then we get to figure what it might be worth more.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back