THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Well at our monthly stamp club meeting one of the members bought a limited edition Stanley Gibbons stamp. It's of the 1 cent magenta British Guiana stamp only 1 copy known and sold for approx $10 million U.S. Stanley Gibbons is the owner and printed 1,000 copies so I grabbed one on speculation. Don't know if it will go up in value or not, however, at $18 makes a nice conversation piece. He actually ordered 8 copies to spread around the registered shipping costs from the UK so our little club has 8/1000.
DSC04396.JPG

DSC04402.JPG

Last edited:
Well at our monthly stamp club meeting one of the members bought a limited edition Stanley Gibbons stamp. It's of the 1 cent magenta British Guiana stamp only 1 copy known and sold for approx $10 million U.S. Stanley Gibbons is the owner and printed 1,000 copies so I grabbed one on speculation. Don't know if it will go up in value or not, however, at $18 makes a nice conversation piece. He actually ordered 8 copies to spread around the registered shipping costs from the UK so our little club has 8/1000.View attachment 2010521

View attachment 2010522

Fun score Uncle!

Was reading about an 1856 one cent magenta the other day.
In 1873 in DEMERARA (British Guiana South America ) a 12 year old Scottish boy found it on a newspaper in his Uncles attic.
Sold it a few weeks later hoping he could fund other stamps for his collection.
Sold it for six shillings to N.R. McKinnon.

A shipment of state issued stamps lost at sea ended up having the postmaster get a newspaper (Official Gazette) to print up some stamps...
He gave some instruction as to how to design them.
Then feared ease of nonauthentic reproduction and instructed all to be initialed by postal clerks.
Considered ugly , they were replaced as soon as new stamps arrived from England.

The seventh buyer was John DuPont. (of the chemical family fame) At $935,000 in 1980.
My article ends not knowing what became of it upon John D's death...

(From Johns Bathroom Reader 19th Edition.)

Then started the change of hands to follow.
-

Last edited:
Fun score Uncle!

Was reading about an 1856 one cent magenta the other day.
In 1873 in DEMERARA (British Guiana South America ) a 12 year old Scottish boy found it on a newspaper in his Uncles attic.
Sold it a few weeks later hoping he could fund other stamps for his collection.
Sold it for six shillings to N.R. McKinnon.

A shipment of state issued stamps lost at sea ended up having the postmaster get a newspaper (Official Gazette) to print up some stamps...
He gave some instruction as to how to design them.
Then feared ease of nonauthentic reproduction and instructed all to be initialed by postal clerks.
Considered ugly , they were replaced as soon as new stamps arrived from England.

The seventh buyer was John DuPont. (of the chemical family fame) At $935,000 in 1980.
My article ends not knowing what became of it upon John D's death...

(From Johns Bathroom Reader 19th Edition.)

Then started the change of hands to follow.
-
RC, Yep that's pretty much the back story of the stamp.

I guess everyone's gone to bed, just finishing up answering some emails before I head to bed. One last video for the night... Gordon was born in Orillia, ON about an hours drive north of me. I sure wish I'd seen him in concert. :thumbsup:

Anyone watching Blind Frog Ranch ? ? ?

What a joke... Either #1... they are morons.

OR #2... they are simply milking it and scripted it.

WHO... Repeat WHO... is that idiotic to dive to a box to hook up chain to pull it out ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Does anyone else see the idiocy here... and moreso... the IMPOSSIBLITY of it... now way that box is coming out in one piece.

But scratch all that....

WHY WOULD YOU NOT EXPLORE WHAT IS IN THE BOX FIRST ! ! ! > > > ? ? ?

What brainiac is going to go through all that to bring out something that could EASILY be inspected first ? ? ?

The contents anyway... FROM THE TOP... not to mention the VERY OPEN EASILY REACH THROUGH SIDES.

And at first i even watched until this point.... now i am watching just to see the lame failure of this "drag out". heh

Problem is... i am gonna have to watch the whole "stuff in way removal" that i am sure will ensue.

Doesnt anyone else find this "funny".... OR should i say SAD ?

Well at our monthly stamp club meeting one of the members bought a limited edition Stanley Gibbons stamp. It's of the 1 cent magenta British Guiana stamp only 1 copy known and sold for approx $10 million U.S. Stanley Gibbons is the owner and printed 1,000 copies so I grabbed one on speculation. Don't know if it will go up in value or not, however, at $18 makes a nice conversation piece. He actually ordered 8 copies to spread around the registered shipping costs from the UK so our little club has 8/1000.View attachment 2010521

View attachment 2010522
Did you just pay 18000$ for a stamp bill ??

That dosent sound like the wisest investment......actually that sounds much crazier than NFTs !!

Anyone watching Blind Frog Ranch ? ? ?

What a joke... Either #1... they are morons.

OR #2... they are simply milking it and scripted it.

WHO... Repeat WHO... is that idiotic to dive to a box to hook up chain to pull it out ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Does anyone else see the idiocy here... and moreso... the IMPOSSIBLITY of it... now way that box is coming out in one piece.

But scratch all that....

WHY WOULD YOU NOT EXPLORE WHAT IS IN THE BOX FIRST ! ! ! > > > ? ? ?

What brainiac is going to go through all that to bring out something that could EASILY be inspected first ? ? ?

The contents anyway... FROM THE TOP... not to mention the VERY OPEN EASILY REACH THROUGH SIDES.

And at first i even watched until this point.... now i am watching just to see the lame failure of this "drag out". heh

Problem is... i am gonna have to watch the whole "stuff in way removal" that i am sure will ensue.

Doesnt anyone else find this "funny".... OR should i say SAD ?
I was watching an episode of beer drinking ranch !!:laughing7::laughing7:

I dove right to the bottom of the mug !!

I mean sheesh... they can go down to the box and take a FRIGGIN CORE SAMPLE OF A LOG ? ? ?

I mean WTF idea craftsman came up with that one ? ? ? :/

TAKE A CAMERA THAT WILL FIT THROUGH ... HUGE GAPS... in box to see WHAT is inside BEFORE ALL THIS... um... BS...

Time ... money... effort... risk... etc etc etc.... not to mention wasting MY time watching you like a dog chasing your own tails.

AND THEY THINK ITS AZTEC ! ! ! ... ROFL ! ! ! holy crap thats funny.

IF it were really AZTEC do you think for a second that RIPPING something so Archeological apart is the BEST IDEA ? ? ?

What a joke this show is.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back