THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Getting busy..... taking the 55 viking to viking yachts for yearly maintenance. Then come back and dive the ballast pile and check my anomaly. Then dive shells because I think my hogfish are closed to spear fishing. Then after a week of diving were off to keywest with 2 boats, and then back up to get the 55 viking and bring it home, then plan bahamas.as trips !!
Somewhere between all of this is "find treasure" with my boat. Islamoradamark and I have some shallow water dives planned, and between us we now have 3 boats, and 3 good trailers !! We will be able to hit some sand bars that I've never hit before....record crowds in the water at islamorada sand bar last weekend. I plan on doubling my golds this year with my boat back....plus some youtube videos of shallow water wrecks....maybe a series of videos with GPS numbers for some to be explored.

I found that one while diving with islamoradamark.....I could see the jealous look and the obvious shocked reaction as I casually put it in the boat.....it came out of the bottom when I was digging a trash target. Mark gets super fired up over bottles and he was ready to keep digging after that one !!

Getting a marble soda was always a good day.
20200702_165907.jpg

So they have this mystery metal.... they are testing it with various chemicals and standing there in awe,,,, scratching their heads....

WHEN THE ROCK DOOD HAS AN XRF SCANNER that i saw him use before. :/

Sheesh man.

So they have this mystery metal.... they are testing it with various chemicals and standing there in awe,,,, scratching their heads....

WHEN THE ROCK DOOD HAS AN XRF SCANNER that i saw him use before. :/

Sheesh man.
I give a :icon_scratch::dontknow::laughing7: on the post ups of folks saying I found this X. But they claim they need help in a ID of the blurry picture.
Then the claim of it they tested it doing the density test.
They know it's silver, and you are not going to tell them anything different.

Go and have it XRF tested then.
Too far, none available, bicycle tire is flat.......

It was the only piece of equipment I never bought, and I wish I had.
But at the time $35-60K investment was a lot as I would have had to buy either a tester for red/white metals.
So I opted to just get the tests done free at the brokerage house, and wait for the results=up grades in the form of $$$
This is now 15+yrs later the amount of XRF testers that are out there is like mirroring side arms in the USA.

I give a :icon_scratch::dontknow::laughing7: on the post ups of folks saying I found this X. But they claim they need help in a ID of the blurry picture.
Then the claim of it they tested it doing the density test.
They know it's silver, and you are not going to tell them anything different.

Go and have it XRF tested then.
Too far, none available, bicycle tire is flat.......

It was the only piece of equipment I never bought, and I wish I had.
But at the time $35-60K investment was a lot as I would have had to buy either a tester for red/white metals.
So I opted to just get the tests done free at the brokerage house, and wait for the results=up grades in the form of $$$
This is now 15+yrs later the amount of XRF testers that are out there is like mirroring side arms in the USA.
And i am still watching... heh :/

Gotta go do something else... OUTSIDE !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back