THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

1643833639349.png

Will it pull something through out of the silt/mud, or does it have to touch the object?
Mine probably will from shallow mud and silt but bigger stuff mine won't or deep either. Mine isn't on the super powerful end as I don't trust myself to not get it stuck. I'm more hunting lost lures, knives and such with mine. My brothers 3500 pulling force one that is a 360 degree magnet will but lots of risk of getting it stuck and expensive

Mine probably will from shallow mud and silt but bigger stuff mine won't or deep either. Mine isn't on the super powerful end as I don't trust myself to not get it stuck. I'm more hunting lost lures, knives and such with mine. My brothers 3500 pulling force one that is a 360 degree magnet will but lots of risk of getting it stuck and expensive
There is no standard. JV. Whatever works for you. Enjoy.

From talking with the old timers that have graced the trip back to the bay have talked about the docks that ran along my shoreline.
Total length was around 2000 ft so this summer I want to start detecting it, and pulling up some treasures that were dropped along them for a 100yrs.
The waters is friendly and not deep, just a silt/black earthen bottom from organics.
I'll have to remove the slab lumber that lays on the bottom, but the slabs are only single deep.

From talking with the old timers that have graced the trip back to the bay have talked about the docks that ran along my shoreline.
Total length was around 2000 ft so this summer I want to start detecting it, and pulling up some treasures that were dropped along them for a 100yrs.
The waters is friendly and not deep, just a silt/black earthen bottom from organics.
I'll have to remove the slab lumber that lays on the bottom, but the slabs are only single deep.
Sounds like that may have some interesting outcomes

Sounds like that may have some interesting outcomes
Got Coppers and silvers, relics on shore, where the warehouse was located.
Gotten some ok bottles from the shoreline dump.
Root system is a hard go for digging.
Couple 3 piece mold bottles so the history is there

Got Coppers and silvers, relics on shore, where the warehouse was located.
Gotten some ok bottles from the shoreline dump.
Root system is a hard go for digging.
Couple 3 piece mold bottles so the history is there
Hard to find good places here in California. Most places here are beat to death by others. So much of the good areas are owned by cattlemen whom own large swaths of land and they are very particular about letting anyone on their land. Too bad here in my town old town is the ghetto so not always the funnest place to look for permission

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back