THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

I be looking for Civil War relics when I go. Will let you know how it goes. I am 100% sure I will catch something.
Oh gzzzz just have to rub in again that you can find civil war relics lol. Lol on a serious note I hope you do well looking forward to seeing some awesome finds. In California I'm just mostly trying to load up on fishing stuff lol otherwise I don't think I'll ever find much of interest with my magnet. I don't use a super powerful one as of fear of getting it stuck on junk out here lol.

Oh gzzzz just have to rub in again that you can find civil war relics lol. Lol on a serious note I hope you do well looking forward to seeing some awesome finds. In California I'm just mostly trying to load up on fishing stuff lol otherwise I don't think I'll ever find much of interest with my magnet. I don't use a super powerful one as of fear of getting it stuck on junk out here lol.
I had the same fear. But it takes a powerful magnet for the contact point of most stuff does not cover the whole magnet. SO, i had a magnet rated for 500 pound. A 4"X8" magnet. I just ordered a double sided rated at 2650pound for both sides, or 1325 for each side. I may lose it but will be worth the effort.

I had the same fear. But it takes a powerful magnet for the contact point of most stuff does not cover the whole magnet. SO, i had a magnet rated for 500 pound. A 4"X8" magnet. I just ordered a double sided rated at 2650pound for both sides, or 1325 for each side. I may lose it but will be worth the effort.
Mines just one sided I forget what mine is rated but was a 99 dollar one came with a nice box, 65 foot of rope. It can't put up super heavy stuff but gets the job done for what I look for out here. Got it stuck to the bridge because I let my mother try it and she did not listen to the keep it away from the railing lol. Though was able to slide the sucker off relatively easy. My mother and younger brother were fighting over whom would get to toss the magnet out was pretty funny.

Mines just one sided I forget what mine is rated but was a 99 dollar one came with a nice box, 65 foot of rope. It can't put up super heavy stuff but gets the job done for what I look for out here. Got it stuck to the bridge because I let my mother try it and she did not listen to the keep it away from the railing lol. Though was able to slide the sucker off relatively easy. My mother and younger brother were fighting over whom would get to toss the magnet out was pretty funny.
That is great doing it with your mom and brother. Good memories.

That is great doing it with your mom and brother. Good memories.
Yeah my brother and my mother and step dad normally will go out on weekends. I got my mother into metal detecting and now apparently magnet fishing. They like to drive around gold country so we do metal detecting and stuff as we do that. Always nice to stay close to family.

Yeah my brother and my mother and step dad normally will go out on weekends. I got my mother into metal detecting and now apparently magnet fishing. They like to drive around gold country so we do metal detecting and stuff as we do that. Always nice to stay close to family.
You are a good son. You should do well in life.

If you know of any old wells you might try them too.

Mornin all.

If recalled correctly (there's always a chance...) , getting pooped meant water coming over the stern of a ship.

Poop deck​

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search
Not to be confused with Feces.

Poop deck of a model of the Soleil-Royal, as seen from the forecastle
In naval architecture, a poop deck is a deck that forms the roof of a cabin built in the rear, or "aft", part of the superstructure of a ship.[1]
The name originates from the French word for stern, la poupe, from Latin puppis. Thus the poop deck is technically a stern deck, which in sailing ships was usually elevated as the roof of the stern or "after" cabin, also known as the "poop cabin". On sailing ships, the helmsman would steer the craft from the quarterdeck, immediately in front of the poop deck. At the stern, the poop deck provides an elevated position ideal for observation.[2]
On modern, motorized warships, the ship functions which were once carried out on the poop deck have been moved to the bridge, usually located in a superstructure.

f2af8bf316e068f570638fe80cab807c35b9c239c1871f03e362897b719744be_1.jpg

Just remember that things weigh less underwater.

Mornin all.

If recalled correctly (there's always a chance...) , getting pooped meant water coming over the stern of a ship.

Poop deck​

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search
Not to be confused with Feces.

Poop deck of a model of the Soleil-Royal, as seen from the forecastle
In naval architecture, a poop deck is a deck that forms the roof of a cabin built in the rear, or "aft", part of the superstructure of a ship.[1]
The name originates from the French word for stern, la poupe, from Latin puppis. Thus the poop deck is technically a stern deck, which in sailing ships was usually elevated as the roof of the stern or "after" cabin, also known as the "poop cabin". On sailing ships, the helmsman would steer the craft from the quarterdeck, immediately in front of the poop deck. At the stern, the poop deck provides an elevated position ideal for observation.[2]
On modern, motorized warships, the ship functions which were once carried out on the poop deck have been moved to the bridge, usually located in a superstructure.
Great information
Though you kind of took the poo off the deck.
I guess there no need for a wash down.
BTW Hello RC, did the latest storm effect you?

This brand in regards to the magnets is pretty good what I use anyways. Mine is a mess from many outings lol.

Attachments

• 16438329951716207414643184546534.jpg
    16438329951716207414643184546534.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 17

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back