THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Cheating tonight the missus had her hairdresser over so we're having a store bought frozen pizza with extra cheese I grated. Side salad with some marinated artichokes and sweet peppers with loads of garlic. That should keep the vampires away....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:
Either the garlic or the temperature. Blood does not flow as well in subzero temperature.

Just remember some of the old wise sayings as you go through the day, and it will help you keep everything in perspective:

"A horse in the hand is worth two birds in a bush".
"You can lead a camel to water, but you cannot make him thread a needle".

I hope this gives your day some clarity and peace.
Do you walk to school.Or carry your lunch?

Apparently Minelab has a promotion - free 15 inch coil with the purchase of an Equinox 800.

I just ordered mine today, and the dealer sweetened the pot by tossing in a free book.

Price indicated is in Canadian dollars, almost worthless.

The village I live in may as well be a ghost town, researching older photos of the town during its heyday shows the location of the now missing hotel, bank, railway station and the Hudson Bay trading post.

Two old churches with one still active and a couple of old schools closed about 15 years ago.

It's going to be a busy summer.

View attachment 2006223

View attachment 2006222

My first hunt, the old railway station long gone but its location has been identified from old photo's

I'm hoping some treasures had fallen between the cracks in the boardwalk between the station and the tracks.

Pat wants to search an old village site called the Bend everything on the map below has potential.

Our home is one mile south of Elphinstone, no neighbors.

map.gif

Screenshot from 2022-01-31 17-44-59.png

Last edited:
I admire your patience and perseverance, it,s an inspiration to me.I hope you find that one penny in there that will finance your retirement in perpetuity
lol... heh

**ARC digs feverishly through penny collection with magnification goggles on.***

My first hunt, the old railway station long gone but its location has been identified from old photo's

I'm hoping some treasures had fallen between the cracks in the boardwalk between the station of the tracks.

Pat wants to search an old village site called the Bend everything on the map below has potential.

View attachment 2007087
View attachment 2007093
Good luck on the hunt... sounds promising.

Just wanted to pop in and say hello, I've been on the road in Vegas for the past few days. I'm just about to head over to Harrah's to meet one of my associates for a bit of slot play before we meet the entire sales team for dinner tonight at the Hudl Brewery.

Thought you'd like to see the view from my hotel room window. :laughing7:

20220130_122151.jpg
20220130_122146.jpg

Just wanted to pop in and say hello, I've been on the road in Vegas for the past few days. I'm just about to head over to Harrah's to meet one of my associates for a bit of slot play before we meet the entire sales team for dinner tonight at the Hudl Brewery.

Thought you'd like to see the view from my hotel room window. :laughing7:

View attachment 2007096View attachment 2007097
enjoy

I'm hoping some treasures had fallen between the cracks in the boardwalk between the station and the tracks.

View attachment 2007087
View attachment 2007093
Just a heads up about the railway station back in the day it was steam locomotives and they used the cheap metalurgical coal. When it was spent it was used as ballast along the roadbed. In other words what called hot rocks it might give you and the machine some grief because they'll sound off like targets....lol.

Just a heads up about the railway station back in the day it was steam locomotives and they used the cheap metalurgical coal. When it was spent it was used as ballast along the roadbed. In other words what called hot rocks it might give you and the machine some grief because they'll sound off like targets....lol.
Great information

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back