THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Just wanted to pop in and say hello, I've been on the road in Vegas for the past few days. I'm just about to head over to Harrah's to meet one of my associates for a bit of slot play before we meet the entire sales team for dinner tonight at the Hudl Brewery.

Thought you'd like to see the view from my hotel room window. :laughing7:

View attachment 2007096View attachment 2007097
Dave, Looks like those rooms are jail cells they want to keep the customer's in like criminals so they can milk them for every cent then they toss them out those windows.....:laughing7:
:laughing7::laughing7:

Xaos, has also been absent for a long time....I just left rook another PM.....I hope he answers....im scared for all of them, rookster, OV, and xaos !! God bless them !!

Ya...it blows my mind that I've grown so fond of everyone here....never even seen a pic of most people....not to many people on t-net have ruffled my feathers....get along with all but a few !!

My first hunt, the old railway station long gone but its location has been identified from old photo's

I'm hoping some treasures had fallen between the cracks in the boardwalk between the station and the tracks.

Pat wants to search an old village site called the Bend everything on the map below has potential.

Our home is one mile south of Elphinstone, no neighbors.

View attachment 2007087
View attachment 2007093
Top image, half the buildings no longer exist in our quaint little village.

The grain elevators, one was relocated to Glossup and the other was dismantled board by board for the lumber.

To the top right above the elevator the sawmill which was steam powered the boiler is not located on the old Hudson's bay trading post site.

That was good advice about the coal clinkers, the old rail line with the tracks removed has now become part of the Canada Trail.

Bottom image Strathclair rail station, not far from or home.

Screenshot from 2022-01-31 20-34-23.png

rail2.png

More local history, the Allis Chalmers HD7W entered Canada under the Lend Lease program during WWII.

The crawler was used to clear the way for a POW camp, after the war was sold off as surplus, a local farmer purchased it then after the hydraulic pump was badly broken is sat in this field for 40 some odd years.

One of my retired neighbors with more money than brains bought the machine where is as is.

Detroit diesel 3/71 three cylinders super charged diesel running on two cylinders with one injector slobbering fuel.

The serial number dates this machine 1942

hd1.png

hd6.png

hd3.jpg

Last edited:
More local history, the Allis Chalmers HD7W entered Canada under the Lend Lease program during WWII.

The crawler was used to clear the way for a POW camp, after the was sold off as war surplus, a local farmer purchased it then after the hydraulic pump was badly broken is sat in this field for 40 some odd years.

One of my retired neighbors with more money than brains bought the machine where is as is.

Detroit diesel 3/71 three cylinders super charged diesel running on two cylinders with one injector slobbering fuel.

The serial number dates this machine 1942

View attachment 2007137
View attachment 2007138
View attachment 2007139

This time of year when the leaves are gone you can see a long way across the fields and brush.It,s amazing how many old dozers and draglines are sitting in treelines rusting away.Literally dozens of them,mostly old ones especially the draglines.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back