THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Just got back from a weeks vacation at Sand Bridge Va. You'll never believe what I found while hunting the beach ! Whats new around here ?
Two days ago (Thursday the 18th, the red moon night) at the beach we had some strong winds kick up 5-6 foot waves.
In just a few hours that night the beach lost 3-4 feet of sand,unbelievable.No storm,just high winds.
The beach before & after shots.
016.JPG
170.JPG
171.JPG

Morning ARC, and Rook
Started the day by pouring a cup of :coffee2:and soon realized that I missed a integral part of the process of actually putting in the ground coffee.
Just a tad weak looking I will say.:laughing7:

Not sure on how many of the crew have made/had camp/fire coffee.
Was working in a logging camp many years ago, each of us took turns in making the daily fire/coffee for the crew.
On one of the rotations I did the do, finished making the big cauldron of brew, and was ready to split some more wood.
I realized one of my gloves was missing, I looked around, searching, and cursing as my hand was getting mighty cold.
I finally realized that the misplaced glove was floating in the coffee-oh crap!
Now there was a real nice rainbow effect left (from the oils/fuel in the leather) on the brew when I got the glove lifted out with a stick.
No time to redo the coffee-so I just zipped it and hoped that nobody noticed.
Many complimented me on the fine tasting java that cold damp morning. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back