THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Years ago we had family over for dinner and I was doing hamburgers on the bbq in the rain. While climbing up the deck steps I tripped and the tray of freshly cooked burgers flipped face-down on the wet deck. I looked around and nobody had noticed since everyone was in the house, so I quickly put them all back on the tray and served them for dinner... what people don't won't hurt them. :laughing7:

Last edited:
Years ago we had family over for dinner and I was doing hamburgers on the bbq in the rain. While clinbing up the deck steps I tripped and the tray of freshly cooked burgers flipped face-down on the wet deck. I looked around and nobody had noticed since everyone was in the house, so I quickly put them all back on the tray and served them for dinner... what people don't won't hurt them. :laughing7:
Morning Dave
The old 5 second rule kicks in when something hits the deck. :laughing7:

Morning Dave
The old 5 second rule kicks in when something hits the deck. :laughing7:
I agree Jim, the same rule applies when you're cooking in the kitchen and cooked chicken breast or pork chop makes a break for freedom. :thumbsup:

Roger,

Quite the beach cut did you manage any goodies?
So I'm out on the beach detecting , focused on a strong target ,and I just happen to see this not 5 feet from me. Scared the Ship out of me ! It was 1/2 way between the ocean & dunes ,about 100 yard distance,yikes !
It was shaking its tail like crazy
139.JPG
140.JPG
143.JPG

Last edited:
Morning Bill and RTR
That would be the last thing I would expect seeing on the beach!
What breed of snake was it Rodger?
Judy said she could hear its rattler but with the strong winds and waves I couldn't hear it.

Just got back from a weeks vacation at Sand Bridge Va. You'll never believe what I found while hunting the beach ! Whats new around here ?
Two days ago (Thursday the 18th, the red moon night) at the beach we had some strong winds kick up 5-6 foot waves.
In just a few hours that night the beach lost 3-4 feet of sand,unbelievable.No storm,just high winds.
The beach before & after shots.View attachment 1992056View attachment 1992057View attachment 1992058
Thats a nice cut roger....show us some finds !!

Roger,
Good score on the silver peace ring no doubt from the hippy dippy era.
Yeah,IF it made noise I dug it. (M.D. was set on all metal mode it rang a strong 77).That silver ring was a screamer ! About a foot down I love this machine ! :)
164.JPG

Morning ARC, and Rook
Started the day by pouring a cup of :coffee2:and soon realized that I missed a integral part of the process of actually putting in the ground coffee.
Just a tad weak looking I will say.:laughing7:
:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

I'm getting it European mounted. So skull and antlers.

We used this guy for Burger / tenderloins / backstraps. The other deer my dad got (four pointer) was used for burger as well. Our next deer, we'll have fun with. Summer sausage with cheese and peppers, marinaded steaks, jerky, and other specialty stuff.
Nice work on the big deer rusty....nobody is gonna starve this winter !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back