THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Booo!!!!!

Petrus Thomas Ratajczyk (January 4, 1962 – April 14, 2010), known professionally as Peter Steele, was an American musician, singer, and songwriter. He was best known as the lead vocalist, bassist and composer of the gothic metal band Type O Negative. Before forming Type O Negative, Steele had created the metal group Fallout and the thrash band Carnivore.

As the frontman for Type O Negative, Steele was known for his vampiric appearance, 6 ft 8 in (2.03 m) stature, rich bass vocals, and a dark, often self-deprecating sense of humor. His lyrics have been described as "often intensely personal, dealing with subjects including love, loss and addiction." Steele credited Black Sabbath and the Beatles as his key musical influences.

Not much scares me.... This guy starts...

Dave,
Here's a video on belly breathing. You may want to pass it along to your daughter to practice when she feels stressed.

Thanks very much for this Bill, I'll forward it along to her. :thumbsup:

It seems that some families it just doesn't happen. Culture, internal family dynamics, etc.
I never got a hug from my father-he passed when I was 49.
I must of been probably in my mid 40's before my mother started to give a hello/bye hugs.
Felt kind of strange actually to get a hug from somebody that one has known all their life.
Gee it was 10 yrs ago today she passed-Hugs Mom....
I still don't know why it is that some families display paternal/maternal affection openly, while others almost seem to be unwilling to show affection. I always hugged our daughter, although I probably didn't tell her that I loved her often enough, my wife has always been very good at telling her that. This is very likely why it hurts me so much now that she's gone.

Last edited:
Good morning ARC, WD, OV and Jim. :wave:
See the source image

I still don't know why it is that some families display paternal/maternal affection openly, while others almost seem to be unwilling to show affection. I always hugged our daughter, although I probably didn't tell her that I loved her often enough, my wife has always been very good at telling her that. This is very likely why it hurts me so much now that she's gone.
The important thing is that you recognize you have an area to improve upon in your own personal relationships. Next time you talk to her or even text, slip in an "I love you" or variation. It gets easier to say and I personally believe they are 3 words that are always cherished and never taken for granted. At least I don't.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back