THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

This evening we're going to do the same thing we've done every Halloween for the past few years Jim... turn off all the lights in the house and hide upstairs in the back bedroom. :laughing9:
I will be dressing up like a witch and walking around with the 3 little grandkids.

See the source image

I will dress as spin, my son will be spider man, and mom will be ghost spider !!
We will trick or treat hard !! Sometimes our neighbors will give out adult beverages as well as candy for the kids !! Captain ARC would love all the rum treats !! On top of that our neighborhood is throughly decorated !! I will take pictures.....some are over the top with giant animatronic monsters !! The next neighborhood up has always been known as the place to trick or treat, but our neighborhood is better and better every year !! Woooo hoooo !! Happy Halloween !!

Well, I'm off to walk the dog then hit a couple of old permissions this morning.

Hope you all have a peaceful Sunday. :thumbsup:
The pic with the electric lines just gave me a headache! I have them going right through the middle of my property. Well, good luck with that.

When she explained the reasoning behind the incessant hugs and I love yous.....I fully understood, and I always try not to miss my hugs and I love yous !! Life can be short, cherish as much of it as you can, and let your loved ones know there loved....as much as possible!!
Sound advice Bart.
We always start and finish the day with a kiss and a "Love you".
From growing up and not ever hearing those words spoken in the house it is a strange occurrence when I heard first heard a childhood friend say it to his mom when leaving his house.
I was around 15yrs old by then, and I was gobsmacked actually hearing some guy say that to his own mother.
I asked him why he said that?
His reply was: "I love my mother, and I tell her everyday-don't you?"
It probably wasn't until my mother was in her 80's that I heard her end a conversation on the phone one time by saying "I love you"
Then the ice was broken finally.

My own family was a wreck.....I was lucky to marry into an incredible family....they have been caring, understanding, accepting, and non judgemental !! I have learned how a regular family acts, and its empowering and uplifting. They have healed many scars, and brought my own family closer.....thank you lord again !! And God bless our family please.....im a lucky man !!

My own family was a wreck.....I was lucky to marry into an incredible family....they have been caring, understanding, accepting, and non judgemental !! I have learned how a regular family acts, and its empowering and uplifting. They have healed many scars, and brought my own family closer.....thank you lord again !! And God bless our family please.....im a lucky man !!
We were not a religious family-not that it wasn't discussed and voted on actually when I was young.
(We even were sent to Sunday school a few times-but short lived as the repeated fights we got in, with the best clothes being messed up stopped that affair):laughing7:
My Dad had a family meeting actually one day, and stated a comment/question pretty well like this:
(From a boomshack perspective it came from, and working with 450 others at a sawmill.)

"This family, and this one (he named half dozen or more)
Go to church as a family every Sunday and they donate this amount of $$$ every week
Now we can do this as well as a family, or we can take that $$$ and put it in the gas tank and go out for a family drive/trip every weekend if the chores are done.
Now the vote-all in favour-raise your hands...:hello2:"

Starting from a wee lad of well before I even went to grade school, we would go out for a drive every weekend.
This was to rock hunt, arrowhead hunt, to hunt, fish, dig for old bottles, detect, or to antique the countryside.
He kept his word-and that was the best learning experiences I will ever have.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back