THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Is it just my imagination WD or are you seriously into Halloween?! :laughing7:
See the source image

The important thing is that you recognize you have an area to improve upon in your own personal relationships. Next time you talk to her or even text, slip in an "I love you" or variation. It gets easier to say and I personally believe they are 3 words that are always cherished and never taken for granted. At least I don't.
My wife won't leave for work in the morning without saying I love you, and us reciprocating. Her father rushed out the door one morning and did not receive a hug and I love you that morning. He never came home and passed away that day...... it still is a touchy subject, but we never miss our hugs and I love yous.....it may be the last.....you never know !! Even the boy reluctantly gets his hugs !!

The important thing is that you recognize you have an area to improve upon in your own personal relationships. Next time you talk to her or even text, slip in an "I love you" or variation. It gets easier to say and I personally believe they are 3 words that are always cherished and never taken for granted. At least I don't.
Thank you for the suggestion WD, I've always found texting to be so impersonal. To communicate with our generation, we grew up using the phone or writing letters. With our daughter being born in the the 'Z' Generation, I guess their main form of communication is texting and FaceTime. I think it's too easy to simply text 'I love you', I think it means so much more when you actually hear someone say it. But if this is the way the younger generation communicates, then I need to get onboard and text 'I love her' more often now that she's not living at home. :icon_thumright:

My wife won't leave for work in the morning without saying I love you, and us reciprocating. Her father rushed out the door one morning and did not receive a hug and I love you that morning. He never came home and passed away that day...... it still is a touchy subject, but we never miss our hugs and I love yous.....it may be the last.....you never know !! Even the boy reluctantly gets his hugs !!
That's such a sad story about your wife's father Bart, it really makes telling our loved ones how we feel everyday that much more important. :thumbsup:

That's such a sad story about your wife's father Bart, it really makes telling our loved ones how we feel everyday that much more important. :thumbsup:
When she explained the reasoning behind the incessant hugs and I love yous.....I fully understood, and I always try not to miss my hugs and I love yous !! Life can be short, cherish as much of it as you can, and let your loved ones know there loved....as much as possible!!

"When she explained the reasoning behind the incessant hugs and I love yous.....I fully understood, and I always try not to miss my hugs and I love yous !! Life can be short, cherish as much of it as you can, and let your loved ones know there loved....as much as possible!!"
EXACTLY!!! :love5:

Last edited:
When she explained the reasoning behind the incessant hugs and I love yous.....I fully understood, and I always try not to miss my hugs and I love yous !! Life can be short, cherish as much of it as you can, and let your loved ones know there loved....as much as possible!!
Great advice Bart... thank you.

Thank you for the suggestion WD, I've always found texting to be so impersonal. To communicate with our generation, we grew up using the phone or writing letters. With our daughter being born in the the 'Z' Generation, I guess their main form of communication is texting and FaceTime. I think it's too easy to simply text 'I love you', I think it means so much more when you actually hear someone say it. But if this is the way the younger generation communicates, then I need to get onboard and text 'I love her' more often now that she's not living at home. :icon_thumright:
texting is the thing now. It is what it is. So make it count. My daughter almost always ends our texting conversations, no matter how long or short, with, "I luv ya ma ma," and I reciprocate.

Morning Dave, Bill, Bart
Another halloween and probably another year of no goblins knocking at the door.
In 12 yrs we have had 2 kids-showed up in a rain storm trick or treating.
Still 2 many......:laughing7:
This evening we're going to do the same thing we've done every Halloween for the past few years Jim... turn off all the lights in the house and hide upstairs in the back bedroom. :laughing9:

Morning Dave, Bill, Bart
Another halloween and probably another year of no goblins knocking at the door.
In 12 yrs we have had 2 kids-showed up in a rain storm trick or treating.
Still 2 many......:laughing7:
That's how it is at my Dad's. When I was a kid, there were several trick-or-treaters. Not so much now. But he's got his bag of candy bars at the front door, waiting. He seemed pretty excited about it too. I hope he has some goblins this year.

Well, I'm off to walk the dog then hit a couple of old permissions this morning.

Hope you all have a peaceful Sunday. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• WP_20170519_13_16_21_Pro (2).jpg
    WP_20170519_13_16_21_Pro (2).jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 15
  • WP_20170430_15_48_53_Pro (2).jpg
    WP_20170430_15_48_53_Pro (2).jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 14
This evening we're going to do the same thing we've done every Halloween for the past few years Jim... turn off all the lights in the house and hide upstairs in the back bedroom. :laughing9:
Ok time to do the social media "There's a Halloween Party At Dave's House Tonight! tweet. :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back