THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Oh that feeling of being so close has me thinking of nothing else.

Thank God for satellite imagery. Its really letting me narrow things down !!

Keep it up bart. You know I’m in your will:laughing7:.

Oh the chicks are growing up 11 weeks tomorrow. I put he ill one down this past week :(. Not my finest moment when I had to do the do, but that's the way it goes when there's animals involved.
The roosters go out everyday and complain :laughing7:, but space is limited to having the young ones run around all day. (eating machines they are)
Now that the days are shorter our egg production is slowing down with Pips, she was doing 5 a week for a many weeks in a row.
It's getting enough time to dedicate to the finishing insulating the ceiling of the barn, and I'll probably spend sometime in there again today.
3M 6000 dust mask required to be in there. Most folks don't notice the fine particulate that the chicks throw up-but I'm like I drank a cup of pure cream after being in there for any amount of time.
Just noticed the waters in the bay are still-skim of ice on it this morning.

IMG_1240.jpg between the numbers for this anchor discovery and my rock thr lays a golden treasure !!

On top of all this i made a discovery yesterday also....the remnants of an old well/spring/watering hole. It had the classic tabby walled construction of the old conchs. It would have been used by sailors and wreckers that used the Anchorage at Rodriguez key. I had walked by this for many years as it was completely engulfed in vegetation. Hurricane ETA left exposed to find with all vegetation and greens stripped to bare rock.....ill be back with the detector to this one.....Plenty of evidence of use with lots of black glass scattered about.

bill
Those comfort food look great 102A0EE5-BD73-413B-BCE4-7DA6E0EA9F53.gif

IMG_2402.jpg
IMG_1847.jpg
The boys got a new crucible....time to start pouring some bronze cannons !! Check out the solid mahogany plug molds. Built from keylargo mahogany !! You can see a finished piece on the bench in background.

Beautiful turning on the cannons Bart.
Just reading up on the handling of the crucibles-lots of stages of learning.

Morning RR and WHADIFIND

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back