THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Morning WIF, RC
I mean afternoon :icon_scratch:

Just something I found a while ago.

1207201226~2.jpg

:icon_salut:

The shady truth of Kobe beef.

https://www.mashed.com/132543/the-shady-truth-of-kobe-beef/

My buddy supplied the Wagyu farm with hay, it's basically just another stock yard of cattle that are exported.

My Angus eat the same hay-so the meat is right up there in quality. Did a sirloin tip roast up the other day, now there's a nice sandwich with melted cheese.

When pemmican was a very important part of diets , the fat type mattered. As it will today if making pemmican with best nutritional value.
Grass fed is key to the best.

[From The Lost Ways]
{There is also a major difference in the fatty acid profile of grain fed versus grass fed animals. Grass fed animal fat is between 25% and 50% healthy Omega 3 fatty acids. The grain fed animal’s fat is a mere 2% to 3% Omega 3 fatty acids. Omega 3 fatty acids are extremely critical to the development and maintenance of our brain and nerve tissue.}

Eggplant parmesan on the menu tonight with a side salad. We try to slip in a couple of vegetarian suppers per week to cut down on the meat consumption.

When pemmican was a very important part of diets , the fat type mattered. As it will today if making pemmican with best nutritional value.
Grass fed is key to the best.

[From The Lost Ways]
{There is also a major difference in the fatty acid profile of grain fed versus grass fed animals. Grass fed animal fat is between 25% and 50% healthy Omega 3 fatty acids. The grain fed animal’s fat is a mere 2% to 3% Omega 3 fatty acids. Omega 3 fatty acids are extremely critical to the development and maintenance of our brain and nerve tissue.}

When they spend most of the time out in the pasture and they roam the 600 acres, lean meat.
Our last one was 8-10% fat in the hamburger.

Jim,

Worth checking out rotational grazing it helps to rejuvinate the soil and gives the pasture grasses time to recuperate between grazing sessions.

Last edited:
Great sketch RR, you certainly have talent.

Good read Bill
It makes sense to certain folks-but not to the ones that should be opening up the closed minds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back