THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Morning Rook, Dave

Yeah....but how will you feel when the gold coin appears?
I know Whadi, I know… but gold coins are as rare as hen’s teeth here in Canada.
Unless you happen to live near a chicken farm of course! :laughing7:

Tomorrow, 12/06, I will have made it to 72.

...and what a long strange trip its been!
Happy 72[SUP]nd[/SUP] Birthday ECS, hope you have a great day! :occasion13:

Sounds like you had a challenging day yesterday Jim, sorry to hear that your shovel has 'bit the dust' or in this case 'the dirt'. :sadsmiley:

Just in case anyone is interested, here are my finds from the past few weeks http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...-button-ih-penny-bits-pieces.html#post6639270 :thumbsup:

I know Whadi, I know… but gold coins are as rare as hen’s teeth here in Canada.
Unless you happen to live near a chicken farm of course! :laughing7:

Happy 72[SUP]nd[/SUP] Birthday ECS, hope you have a great day! :occasion13:

Sounds like you had a challenging day yesterday Jim, sorry to hear that your shovel has 'bit the dust' or in this case 'the dirt'. :sadsmiley:

Just in case anyone is interested, here are my finds from the past few weeks http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...-button-ih-penny-bits-pieces.html#post6639270 :thumbsup:

So true of as rare as chicken teeth they are on sites that we hunt, geez even silver is an anomaly.

Yesterday wasn't a great way of ending up a season that's for sure-it was a brain fart thinking on my part to even venture onto the field.
I should of stuck to the pasture site down the road from where you got the 2 cent piece (The school house site where the cement citrine was located)
I got there and the road was close-10 trucks, large excavator digging in a new culvert across the road along the field. So I would be on stage-so to speak.

Yes the shovel has taken a beating over the last 7yrs, I had the blade shaved down which might of changed the temper of the steel a tad yrs ago.
This last summer the lip got curled from a day of rubble stone digging, so I has it straightened and a buddy at the machine shop ran a bead along the edge with the mig welder.
But it didn't help it seems to be softening up the blade. I might quench it to harden it up again as I truly enjoy the brut as i can stomp on the handle and dislodge what ever is in its way.
Great for digging in the root infested sites that I go to at times.

:hello: hello and good morning to all !!

So true of as rare as chicken teeth they are on sites that we hunt, geez even silver is an anomaly.

Yesterday wasn't a great way of ending up a season that's for sure-it was a brain fart thinking on my part to even venture onto the field.
I should of stuck to the pasture site down the road from where you got the 2 cent piece (The school house site where the cement citrine was located)
I got there and the road was close-10 trucks, large excavator digging in a new culvert across the road along the field. So I would be on stage-so to speak.

Yes the shovel has taken a beating over the last 7yrs, I had the blade shaved down which might of changed the temper of the steel a tad yrs ago.
This last summer the lip got curled from a day of rubble stone digging, so I has it straightened and a buddy at the machine shop ran a bead along the edge with the mig welder.
But it didn't help it seems to be softening up the blade. I might quench it to harden it up again as I truly enjoy the brut as i can stomp on the handle and dislodge what ever is in its way.
Great for digging in the root infested sites that I go to at times.

That was an enjoyable site to hunt Jim, I felt it had so much left to give especially where the corn was still standing to the east. :thumbsup:

Hope you're able to get your shovel fixed up, although you may end up saying good-bye to an old friend.

Lots of lighter shovel options out there now, my digger feels like it weights 20lbs after shouldering it around the field for a few hours. :laughing7:

Morning Bart. :wave:

I love the look of that old map you posted in the other thread too.
Best of luck when you're able to get back to further investigate that island. :icon_thumright:

Morning Dave, bart and bill

WD ? ? ?

Did I miss something ? ? ?... I see no WD.

Morning Bart, Bill :hello:

That was an enjoyable site to hunt Jim, I felt it had so much left to give especially where the corn was still standing to the east. :thumbsup:

Hope you're able to get your shovel fixed up, although you may end up saying good-bye to an old friend.

Lots of lighter shovel options out there now, my digger feels like it weights 20lbs after shouldering it around the field for a few hours. :laughing7:

The whole site is now deep disc'd and levelled out-but it looked too wet just the large rock sticking out-they really disc'd to the limit-right down to the swale of the field. (:icon_scratch: should of thought of that when I tried the hillside field site) :laughing7:

Surprising on how a little mud on the coil can make it feel like a swinging a Minelab again.
Going back to the truck (down the slope of the field)

I cleaned of the shovel 3X, coil 3X, boots 8X

I even was going on the large tractor tire imprint-a stupid as stupid can get hunt.

And here I thought she got smart and put me on "ignore".

:P

Oh the complaining of restricting the key to the rum room is warranted at times.
The Pirate-ness running amok with the key?-would be interesting to read.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back