THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning ARC, WD, Rook and Jim. :wave:

Best of luck on finding a homesite on your permission today Jim.

Not sure if I'll even head out tomorrow, but I'll wait and see how the weather looks in the AM. :icon_scratch:
Ya it's always a hard one at this time of the year-comforts of the home - vs - frig it's miserable out here.

Looking at he hourly weather, it's a cloudy one today high of +1C, tomorrow is sunny high of -2C.
The kicker is it'll feel like -8C to -10C even with the sun. -6C for a low will make digging a tad more difficult tomorrow so "Why wait till spring? Do it now":laughing7:

Ya it's always a hard one at this time of the year-comforts of the home - vs - frig it's miserable out here.

Looking at he hourly weather, it's a cloudy one today high of +1C, tomorrow is sunny high of -2C.
The kicker is it'll feel like -8C to -10C even with the sun. -6C for a low will make digging a tad more difficult tomorrow so "Why wait till spring? Do it now":laughing7:

I hear you Jim, it's now or never, as the forecast is gradually becoming too cold to detect here in Ontario.
When your hands, face and feet are cold and your boots are heavy with stalk and bean trash and mud, it's just not fun anymore. :laughing7:

Let me know if you find anything.

Morning WD. :hello:

Screenshot_20201203-061223_Instagram.jpg
For ARC...thought you might be interested. Pretty cool map of English seige of Augustine.
See awsome spots that could be detected today when compared to Google earth shots. There is still a giant silver bell stashed just off the castle property somewhere.

Morning there WD, bill and RR

St. Augustine is tough to detect without the attention being drawn to you. But on that map is colonel van dufins camp. That whole island is deserted and was a good source of onion bottles and English black glass. Once I get in the kyak I disappear into the bush of the islands. Now I have several missions on my next trip up now.

Last edited:
RR
Are your bucks rutting yet?

We took the cape of my deer to a taxidermist to get it mounted. It could take a long time to get it done.

In the mean time, I'll be mounting my own buck from last year, as well as my dads two deer from last year and this year. They'll be skull cap mounts.

RR
Are your bucks rutting yet?

They've been done for about a week and a half now. They started late in October. The rut slowed down to a practical stop about that time, but for some reason, my deer was still looking for does when he came in. But that's all done now.

We're on the WWII Pages. :)

1943. Next page is 1944, the year we whooped the Krauts, and beat back the ****.

Morning all!

They've been done for about a week and a half now. They started late in October. The rut slowed down to a practical stop about that time, but for some reason, my deer was still looking for does when he came in. But that's all done now.

We see (well , some see) a second go around in Dec. when doe that didn't take in earlier breedings come into season again , and doe fawns come into their first estrus.
Active breeding was noted in Oct. , with a peak around the first or second week of November. Though hunting pressure often inspires more nocturnal activity by then..

I hear you Jim, it's now or never, as the forecast is gradually becoming too cold to detect here in Ontario.
When your hands, face and feet are cold and your boots are heavy with stalk and bean trash and mud, it's just not fun anymore. :laughing7:

Let me know if you find anything.

Morning WD. :hello:
Yeah....but how will you feel when the gold coin appears? :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back