THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Some Beatles for you.

I have the John Lennon Signature EJ160 guitar that he is playing in "I'm A Loser" and "Boys" in my collection.
I saw the BEATLES live, September 11,1964 at the Gator Bowl in Jacksonville.
The show was produced by WAPE 690AM radio, and the opening acts were Bill Blacks Combo, Jackie deShannon, The Exciters, and Clarence "Frogman" Henty.
In 1964, Florida Statues did not permit mixed race acts or audiences, and WAPE was told to tell the BEATLES to drop two of the "colored" acts from the bill. The BEATLES took a stand, refusing to do that, AND refused to perform under those conditions.
Needless to say, the BEATLES won out, and the State of Florida granted an exception, and the show went on.

ECS,

Thanks for the history facts and glad the Beatles did the right thing also you managed to see history in the making.

I have the John Lennon Signature EJ160 guitar that he is playing in "I'm A Loser" and "Boys" in my collection.
The show was produced by WAPE 690AM radio, and the opening acts were Bill Blacks Combo, Jackie deShannon, The Exciters, and Clarence "Frogman" Henty.
In 1964, Florida Statues did not permit mixed race acts or audiences, and WAPE was told to tell the BEATLES to drop two of the "colored" acts from the bill. The BEATLES took a stand, refusing to do that, AND refused to perform under those conditions.
Needless to say, the BEATLES won out, and the State of Florida granted an exception, and the show went on.

64?

(Note the bottle wall just shy of the one minute mark. Paper stuffed in the neck if they are facing out makes for a quieter house wall on windy days.:icon_thumright:)

That is very cool collectable.
I have a tape recorder that came out of a network studio, and on the front of the tape recorder/player there was this thick white cardboard with the name The Beatles.
But was really cool was all these signatures of the band, and others on the piece. I kept both the player and name plate.
I believe it was from the time they spent in Toronto, and I only wish it still had a tape in it-oh well.

ECS,

Well you got me beat by 1 year I'll be 71 in another month. If we had of known we'd live this long we should have taken better care of ourselves....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Tomorrow, 12/06, I will have made it to 72. :occasion15:
...and what a long strange trip its been! :wink:

Odds fish?

You made me double check which thread I was on. LOL! I love all the music history that you share.
For those who may not know, ECS is a music/musician history encyclopedia. He has shared a lot on my thread in the music sub forum.

Thank you, ECS, and happy birthday to you (in case I don’t get on here tomorrow) . “Someone “ should give you some rum.

Happy birthday then!
many more happy returns of the day are wished for you.

(4:08 Alfalfa will sing for your pleasure.)

And for the deadhead...

Last edited:

Happy Birthday ECS.

And here I thought you were about 20...

err or maybe at most 55.

:P

Happy Birthday ECS-Hope you have a great day and many more.

Morning ARC And pepper

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back