THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Back in the 80s and 90s when I was buying antiques and 'picking' for dealers here in Ontario, I had a good working relationship with an antique dealer in Stouffville, ON.

That brought up the memories of the Stouffville Flea Market days. Load up the car on Friday night/strap the picnic tables to the roof racks, head out at 4am. Set up-run around gleaming other dealers/sellers tables, stand there all day, take down go home-repeat the next day.
I'm all of a sudden tired just thinking about it now.:laughing7:
But it was a real fun time in life.

A little song for the ship.

For you all that love wood and want to protect it from the elements. I highly recommend this product line of finishes and I wish I knew of them years ago when doing the refinishing on the boat.
I love the "25 coats" reference on the previous pages of information-I thought 8 coats was a job.
https://sagerestoration.com/collect...ducts/le-tonkinois-marine-linseed-oil-varnish
It comes down to "You get what you pay for in life"

Mornin all!

Skim of ice here and there on the smaller waters.
No urge to boat...L.o.l..

Might sneak out for a deer hunt near days end though.

Get out of life what we pay? Oh oh. Now you tell me.....

Late morning hello RC

[emoji23] Thought AARC would really love these pictures on here...
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1607099074.293957.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1607099089.535024.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1607099104.707174.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1607099167.111095.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1607099174.147893.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1607099194.301810.jpg

Well, she’s no Chihuahua, but I’m doing my best to enjoy her while she’s little… cause they’re only little for a little while. :sadsmiley:

Here’s how she looked before and after her 2hr stay at the ‘Doggie Spa’ yesterday.
She's taken to lying in the dishwasher after I unload it, probably because it's still warm.

Hmmmm....that's the *last* place I would ever want to find a tootsie roll! :eek:

Morning bill. RC. and WHADIFIND

Nice find K1DDO1979

Afternoon WHADIFIND, Rook, Kid, and all
Best of luck on your outing RC

Anti... I was considered one of the best at refinishing wood on boats like that at one time. :)

Had em fighting for me to do work... they would bribe me with everything from yacht club memberships and free meals... and of course ... money :)

Onliest thing I'm "best" at is finding clad. :BangHead:

Sheesh... I cleaned my computer screen...

No wonder I couldn't see crap. heh

Sheesh... I cleaned my computer screen...

No wonder I couldn't see crap. heh

Clean the keyboard-amazing results.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back