Do You Remember.?

Re: Do You Remember..........?

BC.JPG
BH-A.JPGBH-B.JPG

Oh PBK I remember those. LOL If memory serves me right, they had a combination of wide and narrow rule paper. It was to practice caps vs. small letters. Think I still have an old Cheif's tablet stored away somewhere's when mom found some of my old school papers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aa Bb Cc Dd Ee Ff.................

Seems so easy now ;D :P

all have a good un............

Anybody else remember "Guess What?" candy? We just called 'em "prize boxes." For a nickel you got a little pasteboard box with devilishly garish graphics, several pieces of wax paper-wrapped, tooth-wrecking taffy, and a real prize... not some sissy, pink plastic disappointment like the stuff that came in Cracker Jack, but an edgy nail-through-the finger bandage... a trick chewing gum pack with a mousetrap-like contraption inside ("Snappy Flavor!")... A Swiss warbler in-mouth whistle guaranteed (if you didn't swallow it first) to get you sent packing to the principal's office... a weird, writhing, red cellophane Fortune-Telling Fish... a Ventrilo Voice Thrower (sort of a swazzle) which defied all attempts at throwing, except throwing away... a Sex Detector (whoa!), which turned out to be a twisted bit of tin on a string, used as a dowsing pendulum: "Girl or Boy?" "Yes or No?" etc... ah, the possibilities!

Attachments

• GW.jpg
    GW.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 438
  • GWP.JPG
    GWP.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 421

THE SMELL OF CHRISTMAS DINNER...SPICES LIKE CINNAMON NUTMEG ETC.....HMMMM

surfrat96 said:
I remember in elementry school having drills for air raids during the Cuban missle crisis. Sirens would go off in the city and we had to curl up in a ball under our old wooden desks.

HH 8) surfrat

Being from Ft Lauderdale, I remember that also.

In south Florida:
Skipper Chuck (Popeye Playhouse)
Charlie Brown (M T Graves)
Royal Castle hamburgers with Birch Beer

Commercials:
Ipana toothpaste and Bucky Beaver
See the USA in your Chevrolet (Dinah Shore)

In the funnies:
Captain and the Kids (Katzenjammer Kids)
Little Louie
Henry
Fritzy Ritz
Our Boarding House
Nancy and Sluggo

i`ll bet that sex detector detects gold and silver too! ;D

Fizzies.....they came in an eight pack and you dropped them in water and make a drink of root beer or orange out of them?

Dennis

AESOPs FABLES cartoon
ULTRAMAN-tv show
MATCH GAME-tv show
RC COLA game with 5cents 10 cents and 25 cents on plastic sealer
Wax Bottles-candy
Urathane Skate boards- my first was a home made wooden one
BOZO the clown
Captain Kangaroo
ADAM 12- I remember one episode A elderly man and woman were drunk driving, and they gave them a ride home.
Dragnet
Emergency
H.R.Pufnstuf
Old Disney show- wildlife/ narrated -Remember the one about coyotes in Hollywood Hills.
Old Yeller-tv movie
Where the red fern grows- tv movie 1974
School House Rock-

Phantasman said:
surfrat96 said:
I remember in elementry school having drills for air raids during the Cuban missle crisis. Sirens would go off in the city and we had to curl up in a ball under our old wooden desks.

HH 8) surfrat

Being from Ft Lauderdale, I remember that also.

In south Florida:
Skipper Chuck (Popeye Playhouse)
Charlie Brown (M T Graves)
Royal Castle hamburgers with Birch Beer

Commercials:
Ipana toothpaste and Bucky Beaver
See the USA in your Chevrolet (Dinah Shore)

In the funnies:
Captain and the Kids (Katzenjammer Kids)
Little Louie
Henry
Fritzy Ritz
Our Boarding House
Nancy and Sluggo

Skipper Chuck was cool (died this yr) as was M.T. Graves. on the "Dungeon". There's a few couple Royal Castles left but it's not nearly the same.

Remember Banjo Billy?

HH 8) surfrat

The song by Susie Quatro..."STUMBLIN' IN " Our love is alive...and so it begins....foolishly laying our hearts on the table....Stumblin in....(Maybe Im just old!) :D

I'm not sure if this was a Canadian thing, or they had them in the U.S. as well...
We used to get little paper tubes (a little shorter than a toilet paper tube, but about the same diameter) filled with ice cream. They were called Mello Rolls.. You would stick one end in a cone, and push on the little disk in the other end, and the ice cream would come out in a log shape, and into the cone.. Flavour straws, and Fizzies were also big here..
Fizzies made a come back a few years ago, but I doubt they were marketed like they were in the 50's and 60's because they vanished shortly after..
.22 cal BB Caps.. About the same size as a empty .22 short casing.. You could actually hear the firing pin hit it, and see it several yards from your muzzle.. Great for whacking pigeons in in the barn, or shooting squirrels in the'urban' environment of the 50's.. Today of course, you would instantly be surrounded by a swat team with nothing better to do...

How about the Civil War cards. They were like the baseball cards today only they showed graphic pics of famous CW battles. You also got a wad of bubble gum.

Remember getting the paregoric for your blahs? (it was made from alchol,camphor,and opium!)

warsawdaddy said:
Remember getting the paregoric for your blahs? (it was made from alchol,camphor,and opium!)
My mother used to give me that stuff when I was around 5 yrs old, when I was sick. Remember it tasting really nasty, and she said it would knock me out for the day. I don't know how long ago it was taken off the market, but do know that it was loaded with opium. Ahh the good old days!!LOL

HH 8) surfrat

rtde3, that was a good point your Dad had.

Cheryl

GunFarce--we had 'Cho-Cho's'.They came in a paper tube and had a stick in one end.You had to roll them back/forth in your palms then you could remove the paper.Just one flavor,light malted choc.

Cigarettes - 25 cents a pack
Rock candy
Candy/cookies by the pound
Gunsmoke
Desert Rats
Woodstock ;D
gas - 69 cents and less a gallon

that's as far back as I'm going ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back