Do You Remember.?

Re: Do You Remember..........?

Plastic He Man and She ra booby trapped castles.
My little pony
Ghost busters figurines
Care bears
fraggle rock
Les pierresafeux (flinstones)
magiver
Tintin
And my favorite LES schtroumpfs!!!!! (smurfs in french)
I had a lot of smurf figures and mushroom houses but I can't find any of them... :'(
gotta wonder now... what was with smurfette? Only one chick in the whole village? hehehe gutter brain
::)

I forget, has anyone mentioned the Stretch Armstrong toy?

Jeeeeze!!! It seems all the old stuff now, is the stuff I bought for my kids...
Me? Hell I feel right at home in the antique shop!!

How about 78's, and when you didn't have a needle, you cut the end off a safety pin..
Only the folks of 'my' generation will know what I'm talking about now!! ;D
Yup!! I'm THAT damn old!!

How about these spring shoes or the old roller skates with the key.

Attachments

• spring shoes 3.jpg
    spring shoes 3.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 519

In my time:

Moon Pies
RC Cola
Hoola Hoops
Mickey Mouse Club...Annette, Bobby, Karen, Cubby !!!!!!

PBK....grew up on those little Krystal Hamburgers in Chattanooga Tenn....were a nickel a piece "in my time", so for a quarter we could have 4 burgers and a RC.

Get into the movies for a dime...so , again for a quarter you could get into the movies, bag of popcorn, soda, and Milk Duds....all that for a quarter !!!!! ahhhhh, remember ?

Sock hops at the school gym or at the community center.....Songs like "Sea of Love", "Cherry Pie", "You Ain't Nuthin But a Hound Dog"

Skate rink on Friday nights.....date night was Saturday Night....always go to the drive-in movies.....walk in movie theaters were to go to with parents...not dates !!!

Bermuda Shorts !!
Short Shorts !!
Halter tops !!
Levi button-ups
White T-shirts with the sleeves rolled up
Penny Loafers and Bobby Sox

Teachers all seemed so old?? not like today...they all seem so very young
No metal detectors or armed police officers were needed at my old school, just to see the pricinpal coming down the hallway was enough to make you stand at attention!!

Listening on the radio to the Grand Ole Opry...The Lone ranger, Jack Benny, Only The Shadow Knows, George Burns and Gracie Allen...while eating Fritoes and Bean Dip and chasing it down with Coca Cola

It has been a while now but seems like only yesterday......memories

No metal detectors or armed police officers were needed at my old school, just to see the pricinpal coming down the hallway was enough to make you stand at attention!!

Yup, Thats also because most high schools had a shooting range, and any number of boys had their rifle in the locker for the extra curricular activity.. Schools were 'not' the victim disarmament zones they are today!

packerbacker said:
How about Crusader Rabbit and Mighty Manfred, The Wonder Dog? Used to put a piece of clear plastic stuff on the tv screen. Then, during an episode you were asked to help out. You would use a grease pencil or China marker to draw a line for the characters to use as a bridge to cross canyons etc.. I saved them plenty of times. Have Beanie and Cecil been mentioned? Bulwinkle? Remember saying the pledge in school and, for those of you from the Midwest, goiter tablets????

WOW, great memories. Mighty Manfred was Tom Terrific's dog. Crusader Rabbit's sidekick was Tag.

How about

King Leonardo and Odie Calonie
Winky Dink (magic screen)
Have Gun Will Travel (Paladin)
Restless Gun (John Payne)
Cisco Kid
Wild Bill Hickock (and Jingles)
Your Hit Parade (LSMFT)
Death Valley Days
Wagon Train
Dave Garroway
Gary Moore Show (with Durwood Kirby)
The Life of Riley (William Bendix)
My Little Margie
Ann Southern
The Loretta Young Show
Decembers Bride (Harry Morgan)
Men into Space
Thriller (Boris Karloff)
Your Show of Shows
Fury
You Asked For It
Make Room for Daddy
Flavor Straws (Vanilla, Strawberry or Chocolate)
Teem (like 7up)
Lincoln Logs
Mr. Machine
Flubber
Kukla, Fran and Ollie
Crystal Radios
Chatty Cathy (doll)
Circus Boy (Micky Dolenz)

OK, now I feel old. ::)

Don't forget Sky King.
Forever Yours bars.
7-up bars.
Hires root beer.

Oh yeah,
Mr. Goodbars. Chocolate and peanuts. These were only 3 cents when all the other candy bars were a nickel.
Cheerios (ice cream bar). These were a nickel when Eskimo Pies were a dime.

OK,kids - I remember listening to the news on 12/7/41! Air raid wardens,blackouts,airplane spotter kits that came in Kellogs PEP cereal.Lux Radio Theater,Inner-sanctum,Guy Lombardo on New Year's Eve while we pulled taffee in the front yard.Other radio programs-Don Winslow of the Navy,The Green Hornet,Big Story and I could go on and on.Buster Brown and his dog Tigh? How about ration stamps?War Bonds,?paper drives(they especially wanted tinfoil,they dropped that to mess up radar,we later used to put it in our hubcaps in the early 50's to mess the cops up when they first started using rader).Oh,well,back to my coffee and Brylcream. :'(

Coupla more - Gangbusters,Boston Blackie,Sunset Carson,Lash LaRue,Tim Holt,The Whistler(I see many things,for I walk by night-I still remember the tune).Sneaking in to see Sally Rand(fan dancer),Velvet Freeze,the daily huckster and iceman coming by with their horse drawn wagons,WarnerPathe News.ok,I'll quit.

Sorry,I thought of one that Monte might remember---A radio show called,Dr IQ.They gave away silver dollars ($5 - $25)to correct answers given by people in the audience.At the end they had a tongue-twister they gave real fast and if you at home could send in a correct copy,you could win 25 silver dollars.My sister sent it in but was not the first but she did get a box of 24 Mars bars who was the show's sponsor.

Capt Midnight?

:D EXACTLY :D....and the electronics....things are getting so small...ipods...mp3 players etc....cell phones...remember what the first trac phones looked like, Huge....now they are thin card size...and we need a voice recorded message to remind us where we put our car....no paper needed in their future,....Oh Changes....some are nice....others are iffy....hmm. :'(

I remember in elementry school having drills for air raids during the Cuban missle crisis. Sirens would go off in the city and we had to curl up in a ball under our old wooden desks.

HH 8) surfrat

I remember when the closest town to me didn't turn on any Christmas Lights until the Friday after Thanksgiving. It was a big thing. Towns decorated with lights over the street then. Had a ceremony to throw the switch. It was cool.

Some towns still may do it.

DM

bottle caps candy.........sure do....pure sugar.....yummy!

Can't remember if any of the guys have mentioned having a 'Jack Knife'?(not connected to swiming).Or if anyone played 'mumbly peg?

A couple of candies I remember.

Attachments

• ice cubes.gif
    ice cubes.gif
    10.4 KB · Views: 443
  • gold_mine1.jpg
    gold_mine1.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 422

and two that I don't.

Attachments

• squirrelnutzippers.gif
    squirrelnutzippers.gif
    17.6 KB · Views: 445
  • squirrelnutcarmels.gif
    squirrelnutcarmels.gif
    21 KB · Views: 440

I remember the squirrel nut zippers (and like the band that borrowed the name), but don't remember the caramels.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back