THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning. A crazy spring so far with critters gone wild. Ants in the kitchen, moles in the yard, and the cicadas swarming everywhere. What next?🤷🏼
Mornin.
Mosquitos.
Black flies are last months(?) brief flush and are now played out.
A deer fly bloodied me yesterday while others of it's kin tried to do the same.. It's usually warmest type weather early on that gets them inspired. I suppose they'll start chasing vehicles up and down the dirt road now when it's dusty.
Used to find them waiting on the river flats where moist sediment was exposed as water recedes in summer. Or rather , they'd find me.

Carpenter ants were moving eggs about fifty yards from the woods to my side porch a couple days ago. I ruined thier ambitions towards such.
Multiple paper nests down from the reroofing and a couple good sized yellow jackets around.
One is going to get whacked if it doesn't leave the back deck area soon.

Army worms are rappelling from the oaks and maples.
I'm seeing caterpillars but not sure what moth type. Afraid they're gypsy type. They are very small currently and I haven't squinted close.

Good morning. A crazy spring so far with critters gone wild. Ants in the kitchen, moles in the yard, and the cicadas swarming everywhere. What next?🤷🏼

Mornin.
Mosquitos.
Black flies are last months(?) brief flush and are now played out.
A deer fly bloodied me yesterday while others of it's kin tried to do the same.. It's usually warmest type weather early on that gets them inspired. I suppose they'll start chasing vehicles up and down the dirt road now when it's dusty.
Used to find them waiting on the river flats where moist sediment was exposed as water recedes in summer. Or rather , they'd find me.

Carpenter ants were moving eggs about fifty yards from the woods to my side porch a couple days ago. I ruined thier ambitions towards such.
Multiple paper nests down from the reroofing and a couple good sized yellow jackets around.
One is going to get whacked if it doesn't leave the back deck area soon.

Army worms are rappelling from the oaks and maples.
I'm seeing caterpillars but not sure what moth type. Afraid they're gypsy type. They are very small currently and I haven't squinted close.
Sheesh, that doesn't sound pleasant at all. I guess I've been pretty lucky so far, haven't even seen a deer fly yet. Usually they're taking chunks out of you by now.
The only real vermin I have to deal with is meat bees and yellow jackets whenever I fire up the BBQ, but the electric swatter from harbor freight makes short work out of those guys.

Oh, and the ground squirrels trying to undo my landscaping rock walls, but I have a high power RWS .22 cal pellet rifle with a 9x40 scope for head shots for them.
My catcher.
DSCN0905.JPG
DSCN0844.JPG

Afternoon all xx all quiet here!! Reading ur posts nd seeing pictures of ur critters… makes me glad we dont have stuff like that over here 😅.. !!! xx

had to get himself to cut down my budlia bush today… a pesky cat was using it as cover to ambush my flock 🙈.. it didnt catch any… But i couldnt stand the risk… interestingly a Crow came down regularly to patrol nd if it saw it would squawk up a storm.. alerting me to go out on foot patrol and move it on!

Still see Mr Moss everyday, when call he still looks for me 😍 love him xx

Advion ant gel will make quick work of the ants. Easy to use, just put some on a piece of cardboard and put it where the ants are running, they'll swarm it. Don't kill the visible ants, they take it back to the nest and it kills the whole bunch. Takes about two days usually. Available on Amazon for 40 bucks for four big tubes. Can't help with the moles, we don't have them, or the cicadas, which we do have, you just have to bear with them. Good luck!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back