THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

I'll reopening my yard and garden to most anyone my bride approves for yard and gardenwork.:laughing7: I'm going to plant lady peas this year she says. I, myself like brown Crowder peas. It's time to get the ground ready. You know? I hope people have the seeds. I've saved mine in the freezer. We might need to trade seeds one day. I hope it doesn't come to that. We'll see.

Last edited:
I'll reopening my yard and garden to most anyone my bride approves for yard and gardenwork.:laughing7: I'm going to plant lady peas this year she says. I, myself like brown Crowder peas. It's time to get the ground ready. You know? I hope people have the seeds. I've saved mine in the freezer. We might need to trade seeds one day. I hope it doesn't come to that. We'll see.

Had one online order company send an e-mail discussing being overwhelmed with orders and trying to keep processing.
They said something to the effect of (and mentioned t.p.) , seeds are the new toilet paper must have apparently....

Rook/RC,

Yep we went to the store to pick up some pouches of garden soil and manure. No problems with the supply but my wife checked the section for plant fertilizer's, starter kits, etc...and that section was pretty picked over.

I guess a lot of people courtesy of this mess we're all going through are realizing how fragile our food chain is. Shades of the WW11 rationing and victory garden era.

I know in Canada because of all the border restrictions, etc....odds are there are going to be a shortage of farm labourers from other countries to do the planting and harvesting. Odds are the same issues are coming up in the U.S.

We all better hone our gardening, cooking, foraging and other basic skills to be sure.

bill
It doesn’t matter where you’re from. If you want to Eat healthy. Grow it. And I believe we’re getting back to that. I know people laugh. But just wait and see. I’m no health nut but we can grow our own.

Rook,

Well we're only about 50 years or so from when most people cooked from scratch and grew at least some of the food they ate.

Funny story a daughter of one of my wife's friends was married and living in the States. They invited some friends over for dinner and the wife of the invited guests said her mashed potatoes tasted really great what brand were they?

She answered that they were potatoes she'd peeled, cooked and mashed. The guest was using that powdered crap in boxes for her mashed potatoes.....lol.

wow.....I'm BACK. My first pic that wasnt a thumbnail !! Anyway this pic was for bill and tom....foraged everglades tomatoes. There small but tasty, easily cultivated, and grow wild down here.

Attachments

• 20200417_231245.jpg
    20200417_231245.jpg
    614 KB · Views: 36
Oh wow.....I tried to edit once I saw I was on the wrong boat....and changed my image to a thumbnail !! Aaaahhh is jusssss the RUM cap....I'm sorry !!

Rook/RC,

Yep we went to the store to pick up some pouches of garden soil and manure. No problems with the supply but my wife checked the section for plant fertilizer's, starter kits, etc...and that section was pretty picked over.

I guess a lot of people courtesy of this mess we're all going through are realizing how fragile our food chain is. Shades of the WW11 rationing and victory garden era.

I know in Canada because of all the border restrictions, etc....odds are there are going to be a shortage of farm labourers from other countries to do the planting and harvesting. Odds are the same issues are coming up in the U.S.

We all better hone our gardening, cooking, foraging and other basic skills to be sure.

IF civilizations conveniences takes two steps back for the big one forward in the not too distant history...We'll be alright.
At least vaguely familiar with earlier times....

Dust off the inherent a little. Keep chuggin along.

What I really wanted to say is I love you all [emoji3590]

I’m just so shy

Good to here from you. Come on back any time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back