THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

I've had no less than seven boats, mostly canoes and rowboats. All of them made of wood. Never sold one but I seem to be down to currently owning three.

Used wood boats are pretty worthless on the market. Wood never dies though, it just rots away...

...then you build a new one. : )

That's probably my 15'th fix er upper. I keep um about two years a sell. Never lost a dime. Boats are expensive. The motors are more expensive. Mine today is a 2 stroke and more and more people want them. The reason why is weight. My motor (50) horse would weight 125 lb. Or more if a 4 stroke.So for it's the only one in that price range on Craigslist. I don't think it will be hear long.

I've been engaging in one of my favorite pastimes for the past hour...

Arguing with idiots.

sounds like fun

Rusty,

Haven't you learned yet?.....you can't fix stupid....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7: but you can....ARC will probably give me heck for posting it here but it's just so worth it.

Arguing with idiots.

Attachments

• you can't fix stupid.jpg
    you can't fix stupid.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 32

Arguing with idiots.

Watch out RR. When no one else is around. I do it all the time.

Last edited:
I hate auto correct.

Walmart was a bit more stocked today, less people, more masks... X's all over the place pin pointing where you can stand, where you can't stand, etc. All the kids are out of school, which means I saw girls on a weekday. Social distancing though. Ack!

On the plus side, I got a new relic that I will show in the morning. Night y'all.

Rusty you can always blow them kisses from a distance......:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Walmart was a bit more stocked today, less people, more masks... X's all over the place pin pointing where you can stand, where you can't stand, etc. All the kids are out of school, which means I saw girls on a weekday. Social distancing though. Ack!

I am out too guys... G night Tnet crew.

Heck , that social distancing is right up your alley!

Walmart is a half hourish away.
They carry Crown camping fuel. (White gas 50 octane.)
Danged good price compared to competing brands.
On the rare visit , I check for it and nab a gallon if in stock.
They carry canned quarts too.
In cans that don't behave like a certain plastic version priced higher by a competing brand...

My camp stove that has traveled from here to Canada and to Florida and points in between ,and took care of cooking when I bought my first house for a couple months is ready to serve again after over 40 years of service. (Bought it as a teen when getting up my camping gear.)
Should it fail for some mysterious reason. ,I've a couple others. And the lanterns. One of which is from my pre-teen era.

Been a few gals seen by that lanterns light. And fed off the first stove...

That's probably my 15'th fix er upper. I keep um about two years a sell. Never lost a dime. Boats are expensive. The motors are more expensive. Mine today is a 2 stroke and more and more people want them. The reason why is weight. My motor (50) horse would weight 125 lb. Or more if a 4 stroke.So for it's the only one in that price range on Craigslist. I don't think it will be hear long.

You ain't kidding about the weight difference. I got an old 2hp Evinrude mate that weighs a measly 34 pounds. My 3.5hp Mercury 4-stroke weighs 54 pounds. All that weight on the transom is the worst place to put weight on a planing hull.

If my little 12mph 11-1/2' skiff sinks with that Mercury attached it is going down stern first. :tongue3:

Good morning all Tnet members and visitors

Morning WD and GAP

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back