THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

bart ask for a pic.
This is the old home site I’m hunting.1901 and use to be way out in the country. Not any more
F5156C87-DD9F-4D94-BAF5-52155E262F53.jpgand this is the old barn that use to be on the same side of the road as the house
but moved because of the new 2 lane that was coming. You can’t see in the house pic but to the left of the house is a watering trough.
The barn just for kicks 7F60A0E8-66C6-4C37-BFA9-945B8881BA75.jpg

Wow....that's a nice looking spot. That house is killer and I can just imagine everyone gathered on the porch losing those early 1900s coins while rocking in the rocking chair.

Good luck rook....feeling good vibes for your hunt....looks promising !!

Good morning all. Hope your hangin’ in there. I’m slowly getting used to being home bound. Still sucks.

Wow that barn has seen better days....looks pretty rickety !!

Morning metalArch.

Idahodutch, you are continuing to violate our rules on politics, please keep political comments out of forum.

Good morning Treasure_Hunter,
Thank you for letting me know.
It won't happen again.
Idahodutch

I spelled that wrong and it makes all the difference. Both types are here in the keys. Both the yucca wich you are familiar with idahodutch....and the much different yuca...or cassava. The yuca with 1 c is the edible root I'm talking about. It's like a potato and the Latina of the Caribbean love it for table fare. Settlers planted it to eat and years later it's still going in places.

Years ago I mentioned I was adding yucca to a flower bed and a lady asked why?, That stuff should be called Yuck-A!

It has multiple uses , but she was referring to it's ability to trap fall leaves. And it certainly does that well.

It is tenacious and so has a good home in the sand on the Eastside of the house.
I've transplanted some over the years into shade where it pretty much lives a dwarfed life. But of course some of it won't give up existing ..

jeff,

How doing there stranger....hope you and the missus are holding up well under these crazy times. I see you got your little dig in with WD.....she'll be stalking you shortly I'm sure....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Morning.

Turkeys are kicking our tails, but on the flip side, our fields are supposed to be plowed today. Perhaps there'll be some arrowheads to find.

Morning.

Turkeys are kicking our tails, but on the flip side, our fields are supposed to be plowed today. Perhaps there'll be some arrowheads to find.

Eerrrk turk, terk,terk!

Any way you's can watch them roost them at sundown to be near at flydown in the morning ,or are they roosting beyond where you can hunt?

Mushroom hunting for morals years back on a gas line the turkeys would dust bath and strut ect. in the sandy areas late morning early afternoon. Quite aways from roosting area. On the best calm days after warm(for season) nights they'd be there ahead of me shortly after daylight.

On windy days ,and some others they stayed closer to roost area but could be seen in a small field near.
After hens started nesting , mid day /late morning the toms were still seeking stray hens in open areas/feeding loafing areas after the morning break ups..

jeff,

How doing there stranger....hope you and the missus are holding up well under these crazy times. I see you got your little dig in with WD.....she'll be stalking you shortly I'm sure....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Great Uncle Bill,
Been off work for three weeks with pay, so no monetary loss. Living in the country so I’m not too worried. Lots of fresh air and actually getting things done around the house. Doing some mding and have found two silver coins and two pieces of silver jewelry so far. So all in all life is great in Indiana

Wow that barn has seen better days....looks pretty rickety !!

Yeah
A different man owns the barn now and I've ask several times about getting wood planks from it before it fall in. A small tornado has already hit it once. He told me he was going to fix it up. I ask him had he cotton estimates :laughing7:. My guess is 50 grand plus.

Last edited:
Good morning crew mates.

Great finds Bill and Bart!

Welcome aboard Buck D123 !

Peyton, I hope you have nitro injection in the get away car, you gonna need it when WD sees that!

RR, your using the wrong strategy and weapon. Just drive down a 3 lane highway in a white Elantra, it’s a turkey magnet!
Turkey nailed the passenger side mirror on my daughters car yesterday. She came home with a bent mirror and clump of turkey feathers hanging from it! ...but alas...not the rest of the turkey. She’s had the car 2 weeks!

I had tablet problems so using I- pad...run!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back