THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

One of Crazy crows.
Good price.
They also carry a "French" with a poll. IF pounding is desired. Tent stakes ,coffee beans. Fingers.
Good morning Tnet. I like the old style tomahawks. Especially the pipe tomahawks. I made my own from stone. Diorite from Canada brought down to me by the glacier. Fully functional. I made the ash handle short for ease of carry and ease of smoking. The acorn is a plug. The hole goes all the way through for cleaning. The mouthpiece is mammoth ivory.
IMG_6301.jpeg
IMG_6514.jpeg

IMG_6516.jpeg

Last edited:
Good morning Tnet. I like the old style tomahawks. Especially the pipe tomahawks. I made my own from stone. Diorite from Canada brought down to me by the glacier. Fully functional. I made the ash handle short for ease of carry and ease of smoking. The acorn is a plug. The hole goes all the way through for cleaning. The mouthpiece is mammoth ivory.View attachment 2166967View attachment 2166968
View attachment 2166970
I really appreciate your posts on things that you have made, restored, or just some guidance on the matter.
This is another 1st class workmanship. 👏

Gee I was having a snooze.
Meds, blood work, vital signs.
Gee my BP 94/48
No pain in the ankle.
BP now woke up and so did the pain.

Winter must be coming the 🌶 wants to go into hibernation it seems.

So been a stress going from one town to another since covid.
Here now out from the owner who made out long term but bailed after a few fix ups. Previous to this owners from a horror movie driving us insane.
We were at our end of the tether coming up to the end here.
Months ago I out of hope sent everything I had references from yrs renting to a little town which is lucky to have 1 home come up every few years. We have always loved it like we did this one. Was sending an application for a place in a bigger city which we hate, last option and just before I hit send got a phone call. Seriously, just before send. "Hi are you still interested in a home here?"
I went today. Its a drive away but we love the place and has rich goldfields history.
The old home is being renovated by the owners and it looked awesome.
The real estate lady said "you happy?" Im "yes, when will we know if its ours?"
She said "it is yours, your references are perfect"
Im still pinching myself!
:icon_thumright:

Congrats.
You remind me of a former renter on our road who treated the property like he CARED!
He still drives through every few years to say hi.
Last time driving a side by side UTV with a pile of kids in it.
The neighbors next to the rental on any chosen side likely miss his attitude too. 3 do!

Congrats!
I'm sure you'll be an asset all the way around per usual.

Good morning Tnet. I like the old style tomahawks. Especially the pipe tomahawks. I made my own from stone. Diorite from Canada brought down to me by the glacier. Fully functional. I made the ash handle short for ease of carry and ease of smoking. The acorn is a plug. The hole goes all the way through for cleaning. The mouthpiece is mammoth ivory.View attachment 2166967View attachment 2166968
View attachment 2166970
EEEEEIIIEEE!
Dayum.
ToddsPoint for the win of the craftsman award. And he's holding it..

Gorgeous. Well designed.
Back in my living history days I'd be trying to drag you to a certain individual to have it sanctified.
Which it likely was already. Given the build , by you.
I even like the choice of an acorn .

Next ; a pipe bag!

Hey what about me?
I carved an almost straight point on a stick once...
Quiet now RC!

The stick, how could we forget that it was almost finished, it was at the stage of stabbing a marshmallow or wiener for the campfire.

Have you thought anymore about the bronzing process for the stick.

Not that the stick would be for the town square.
Because of the fact the stick would be roped and dragged like everything these days.
So hanging above the mantel would be good.

Quiet now RC!

The stick, how could we forget that it was almost finished, it was at the stage of stabbing a marshmallow or wiener for the campfire.

Have you thought anymore about the bronzing process for the stick.

Not that the stick would be for the town square.
Because of the fact the stick would be roped and dragged like everything these days.
So hanging above the mantel would be good.
Oh you jest!
I think it is still stuck in the ground out back. One of the barn building crew found it after my using it for a fire poker and then marking a damaged hawthorn (?) tree with it. And whomever "found" it , moved it.
I even near expertly carved the butt of it.
Another (?) stick lays on the ground in the wood line sporting a ring of red tape.
Depth indicator for posts I suspect. But I can't take credit for that fine (tape) work.

I ever carry a camera or my phone out back , I'll show you a thing or two!

( :laughing7: )

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back