THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Hey crew, well, Arcs crew 😁
Got this today when out with my trusty old 705.
Not sure what it is/was, first thought a decanter top, then I imagined a fancy walking stick top for some toff, @blossom will know a few, toffs that is.
So being the destructive thing I am at times when I find stuff I opened it up with a metal cutter. Bit of broken mirrored glass under the crimson cut shape top one. It would have looked pretty amazing in the light back in its day.
View attachment 2163660
View attachment 2163662View attachment 2163663View attachment 2163664
And in the sun result.
View attachment 2163665
Any ideas what it originally was?
Half thinking it's an old reflector.
1723568962269.png

Good morning everyone. Running a bit behind here this morning. After all the general chaos of yesterday, we got up this morning to find two coyote pups lounging in the back yard. They ran off when we approached (which is fine by me -- I know they're out there, but I'd just as soon they not hang out in the yard).
IMG_5904.jpeg

How much did that one run ya if you dont mind me asking... i really want one.

It's thirty foot front to rear. Twentyfour wide.
About ten grand per each ten foot heading front to rear. About par for solid quality builds around here. (The crew involved did great on this one.)
Concrete is near ridiculous for some reason. It went up around 10% on bid in near a week last spring. I nixed a lean-to off the side in part due to that. (About a third more the total cost, above original budget.)

Evening all xx hope your all having a nice week so far! xx had another good day in the fields … ahh I could get used to this life! … are you all sure you don’t want to chip in and fund my early retirement…. 🤔…..! xx 🤗

View attachment 2163702
Ahh, now im starting to see it. I reckon you are right. 👍

You are right, I just scrolled through a site that lists dozens of antique reflectors and there were some so close to that one in shape it is one for sure.

Last edited:
It's thirty foot front to rear. Twentyfour wide.
About ten grand per each ten foot heading front to rear. About par for solid quality builds around here. (The crew involved did great on this one.)
Concrete is near ridiculous for some reason. It went up around 10% on bid in near a week last spring. I nixed a lean-to off the side in part due to that. (About a third more the total cost, above original budget.)
Looks bigger for some reason.
Most be the green color.
By the time I got the insulated slab on grade poured it was $50k.
$18K to put up the building, and windows (walls/roof)
Materials to completion for a total $125K
So that gave me a 80' x 40' with a 16' inside clearance.
12' and 20' roll up doors.
A man door on either end.
9 windows.
20181019_112648.jpg
20181019_112606.jpg

Looks bigger for some reason.
Most be the green color.
By the time I got the insulated slab on grade poured it was $50k.
$18K to put up the building, and windows (walls/roof)
Materials to completion for a total $125K
So that gave me a 80' x 40' with a 16' inside clearance.
12' and 20' roll up doors.
A man door on either end.
9 windows.
View attachment 2163748View attachment 2163749
That's a hell of a shed! Nice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back