THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Pepper... you might like to read this i stumbled upon...
I couldnt believe it... had to read it... crazy talk.

www.kitco.com

Canadians spend 43% of income on taxes: more than food, housing, and clothing combined – Fraser Institute

The Kitco News Team brings you the latest news, videos, analysis and opinions regarding Precious Metals, Crypto, Mining, World Markets and Global Economy.
www.kitco.com
www.kitco.com
Welcome to my world ARC.
We pay HST (Harmonized Sales Tax)
on everything.
So when we buy fuel we pay a carbon tax, then we pay the HST on top of that.
Yup a tax on a tax:BangHead:

Good morning all.

We haven't seen the deer in the back yard in quite a while and were wondering if they just migrated or what. But apparently they were just off doing what animals do. Mama came back yesterday morning with a brand new set of twins!

Welcome to my world ARC.
We pay HST (Harmonized Sales Tax)
on everything.
So when we buy fuel we pay a carbon tax, then we pay the HST on top of that.
Yup a tax on a tax:BangHead:
Oh it's not just your world. It's the same here. They tax you on your income (income tax, medicare tax, self-employment tax, etc). Then they tax you if you spend it (sales tax). And if you buy anything of lasting value, they tax you on that too (property tax). If you save it instead of spending it, they tax you on that too (capitol gains tax, tax on interest income). Supposedly the American revolution was fought over a 3% tax. We are way past that, and have been for a very long time. I can't think of a "tax on a tax" example off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are some of those here too. (And if not, they're probably scheming on how to do it.)

Oh it's not just your world. It's the same here. They tax you on your income (income tax, medicare tax, self-employment tax, etc). Then they tax you if you spend it (sales tax). And if you buy anything of lasting value, they tax you on that too (property tax). If you save it instead of spending it, they tax you on that too (capitol gains tax, tax on interest income). Supposedly the American revolution was fought over a 3% tax. We are way past that, and have been for a very long time. I can't think of a "tax on a tax" example off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are some of those here too. (And if not, they're probably scheming on how to do it.)
Can't get into it on the open forums, but I believe most are on the same page on taxes.

It's not that I have anything against it, it's what it's spent on is the issue.

Now I have heard that a certain someone flew away for 6 days.

The meal bill for those in-flights was only $200,000.

Things like that makes many want to say I only take cash.
Hense the push on to become a cashless society.

A lot of folks don't realize the implications of that happening.

Just look what happened a few weeks ago when there was a server update.

Good evening Pirates xx hope you have all had a fab weekend xx

We didn’t get to go out yesterday 🙄… but we did today! 😎… blimey it was hot… tomoz set to be even hotter, so may not stay out all day … hopefully there will be a breeze and I won’t get heatstroke 😅 xx

Thread 'Today’s Treasure! 😎😅 xx'
https://www.treasurenet.com/threads/todays-treasure-xx.700760/

Can't get into it on the open forums, but I believe most are on the same page on taxes.

It's not that I have anything against it, it's what it's spent on is the issue.

Now I have heard that a certain someone flew away for 6 days.

The meal bill for those in-flights was only $200,000.

Things like that makes many want to say I only take cash.
Hense the push on to become a cashless society.

A lot of folks don't realize the implications of that happening.

Just look what happened a few weeks ago when there was a server update.
We are heading there, Gates and others are working overtime on the system I hear. There are a couple of trials of it taking place right now.
It's all for our own good you know! 🤪

We are heading there, Gates and others are working overtime on the system I hear. There are a couple of trials of it taking place right now.
It's all for our own good you know! 🤪
I built a room addition for a guy, he uses almost only cash. He says his friends are the same, if you have a few hundred thousand in a safe...auction, estate, car sales etc... Cash is king!!!

Good evening Pirates xx hope you have all had a fab weekend xx

We didn’t get to go out yesterday 🙄… but we did today! 😎… blimey it was hot… tomoz set to be even hotter, so may not stay out all day … hopefully there will be a breeze and I won’t get heatstroke 😅 xx

Thread 'Today’s Treasure! 😎😅 xx'
https://www.treasurenet.com/threads/todays-treasure-xx.700760/
An Englishman in Australia.....author unknown...
*August 31
Just got transferred with work from grey old London to our new home in Echuca Australia . Now this is a town that knows how to live! Beautiful, sunny days and warm, balmy evenings. I watched the sunset from a deckchair by the pool yesterday. It was beautiful. I've finally found my new home. I love it here. 🥰😁😁
*September 13
Really heating up now. It got to 31 today. No problem though. Living in air-conditioned home, driving air-conditioned car. What a pleasure to see the sun every day like this.
I'm turning into a sun-worshipper. 🙂😀🥰
*September 30th
Had the back yard landscaped with tropical plants today. Lots of palms and rocks. No more mowing lawns for me. Another scorcher today, but I love it here. 🙂😍
*October 10th
The temperature hasn't been below 35 all week. How do people get used to this kind of heat? At least today it's windy though. Keeps the flies off a bit. Acclimatising is taking longer than I expected. 🫤
*October 15th
Fell asleep by the pool yesterday. Got third degree burns over 60% of my body. Missed three days of work. What a dumb thing to do! Got to respect the ol' sun in a climate like this. 😕
*October 20th
Didn't notice Kitty (our cat) sneaking into the car before I left for work this morning. By the time I got back to the car after work, Kitty had died and swollen up to the size of a shopping bag and stuck to the upholstery. The car now smells like Whiskers cat food and cat sh#t. I've learned my lesson though: no more pets in this heat. 😕😭
*October 25
This wind is horrible, it feels like a giant damn' blow dryer on high. And it's hot as hell! The home air conditioner is on the blink and the repair man charged $200 just to drive over and tell me he needs to order parts from another state.
😡
*October 30th
The temperatures up around 40 and the parts still haven't arrived for the stupid @#$& aircon. Been sleeping outside by the pool for three nights now. Bl@#dy $800,000 house and we can't even go inside. Why the hell did I ever come here? 😡😡😭
*November 4
Finally got the ol' aircon fixed. It cost $1,500 and gets the temperature down to around 25 degrees, but the humidity makes it feel about 30. Stupid repairman.
😡
November 8
If one more smart ar@$ says 'Hot enough for you today?', I'm going to🤬🤬 throttle him. Damn' heat! By the time I get to work, the car's radiator is boiling over, my clothes are soaking 🤬 wet and I smell like baked cat!
😡😤🤬
*November 9
Tried to run some errands after work, wore shorts, and sat on the black leather upholstery in the ol' car. I thought my a$se was on fire. I lost two layers of flesh, all the hair on the backs of my legs and my a$se. Now the car smells like burnt hair, fried a$se and baked cat! 😡🤬😠
*November 10
Weather report! It might as well be a @#$' recording. Hot and sunny. Hot and sunny, hot and @#$&' sunny! It's been too hot to do anything for two @#$& months and the weatherman says it might really warm up next week. Doesn't it ever rain in this damn stupid place. Water restrictions will be next, so my $5,000 worth of palms might just dry up and blow into the damn pool. The only things that thrive in this hell-hole are the @#$&' flies. You don't dare open your mouth for fear of swallowing half a dozen of the horrid things!
*November 20th
Welcome to HELL! It got to 45 @#$ degrees today. Now the air conditioner's gone in my car. The repair man came to fix it and said, "Hot enough for you today?" My wife had to spend the $2,500 mortgage payment to bail me out of jail for assaulting the stupid idiot. Stuff Echuca! What kind of sick, demented idiot would want to live here! 🤬🤬🤬🤬😡😡😡
*December 1
WHAT!!!! The weather forecast says first day of Summer!!!! You are 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 kidding me!

:laughing7:

I built a room addition for a guy, he uses almost only cash. He says his friends are the same, if you have a few hundred thousand in a safe...auction, estate, car sales etc... Cash is king!!!
A number of yrs back, not that long ago, I saved a couple of hundred a week over I think it was 4 or 5 yrs from work, cash not in the bank as we had a few banks collapse back then and people lose thousands. I was saving for my first ever new car. When the time came and I was picking it up, then showed the cash at the dealers they freaked out, took me upstairs to a private room and I had to fill out a form explaining why I was paying in cash and how I had obtained it. It was a legit form that they had to do when large cash transactions take place. If it had been me paying by any other means they would not have batted an eyelid.

A number of yrs back, not that long ago, I saved a couple of hundred a week over I think it was 4 or 5 yrs from work, cash not in the bank as we had a few banks collapse back then and people lose thousands. I was saving for my first ever new car. When the time came and I was picking it up, then showed the cash at the dealers they freaked out, took me upstairs to a private room and I had to fill out a form explaining why I was paying in cash and how I had obtained it. It was a legit form that they had to do when large cash transactions take place. If it had been me paying by any other means they would not have batted an eyelid.
$9999.99
Is the limits here then it's reported to FINTRAC
(Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada)

If the teller doesn't like you, they can even do it for $500.

They're even asking why you're taking cash out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back