THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good Morning VIETNAM!!! Ok not Vietnam but feels like it. Lots of flooding rain and humidity, Leaves and limbs but otherwise pretty safe considering the neighboring areas. :hello: :coffee2: Now if I can get some coffee in me before the cleanup. How are you guys down there ( BB, ARC, Newnan and the rest of you boys in Fla?) looks like y'all had some cleanup to do.
Man this Little Debbie taking her sweet ole time getting out of here. Definitely not the way I eat her oatmeal cakes :laughing7:

Last edited:
Our Aussie Lyre Bird. They can mimic anything. You'll hear this one doing several other bird calls including a crow and our Kookaburra.
I remember my grandparents holiday cottage in the ranges as a kid. There were lots there. One day a person went missing in the dense forest. The search party kept following what they heard, a cough of a man. Days later they saw they had been following a Lyre Bird mimicking a cough which they presumed it had heard from the lost man. Unfortunately he was never found.

1723134718433.png

Good Morning VIETNAM!!! Ok not Vietnam but feels like it. Lots of flooding rain and humidity, Leaves and limbs but otherwise pretty safe considering the neighboring areas. :hello: :coffee2: Now if I can get some coffee in me before the cleanup. How are you guys down there ( BB, ARC, Newnan and the rest of you boys in Fla?) looks like y'all had some cleanup to do.
Man this Little Debbie taking her sweet ole time getting out of here. Definitely not the way I eat her oatmeal cakes :laughing7:
I'm ok, I cannot speak for the rest but I believe they made out OK. Lots of rain. I didn't have any wind to speak of but I was on the opposite side of the state.

I had a piece of cast iron that fooled my Deus 2 completely. Rang up as non-ferrous, nice clean signal in all directions, VDI of 82. Cast iron. Photo and some other stuff here.

Installed a new speaker in the prizm 4. Control box was lose so that needed looked at. uh-oh. Maybe the broken pieces are in the tube! Nope. Well can't find a control box was lucky to find the speaker. Crap. Control box is light I will use Velcro! :headbang:

100_0395.JPG

100_0396.JPG

100_0394.JPG

100_0392.JPG

Busy day!! Max helped me with paperwork this morning. Picked up one of these new fancy blue tooth tires for my trailer and made the house smell like fire after making bread and butter jollopeters.

Attachments

• IMG_4278.jpeg
    IMG_4278.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4280.jpeg
    IMG_4280.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4264.jpeg
    IMG_4264.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 15

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread