THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

simon-cowell-its-a-no-for-me.gif

Thanks, reminds me of yrs ago going to see my now misses and her family were not home yet so the neighbours invited me in. My wife and the neighbours are Italian and they grew lots of things. The neighbours were nice but weird. It was Pea season. I sat at the table and was confronted by a sea of green. Pea soup, pea fritters, pea kind of hamburger looking things, pea pasta, it was pea anything and everything. I was too polite to refuse. When my misses, girlfriend, and her family got home I couldn't get out of there fast enough😆.
They knew what they were like and were in hysterical laughter when I told the family. My misses said I should have pretended to be not well as that's what she would always tell them. I didn't eat peas for about a year after that.

Having spent a lot of time in that area, and still do... it's easy to see why Zane Grey built a cabin on the Rogue river.

Having spent a lot of time in that area, and still do... it's easy to see why Zane Grey built a cabin on the Rogue river.

He was very very well known here in Oz fishing in Qld for Marlin.
Very famous name in fishing. 👍

Our Aussie Lyre Bird. They can mimic anything. You'll hear this one doing several other bird calls including a crow and our Kookaburra.
I remember my grandparents holiday cottage in the ranges as a kid. There were lots there. One day a person went missing in the dense forest. The search party kept following what they heard, a cough of a man. Days later they saw they had been following a Lyre Bird mimicking a cough which they presumed it had heard from the lost man. Unfortunately he was never found.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back