THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Yesterday I got the PTO shaft reconfigured out of some other shafts.
Previous owner cut all the shafts really too short.
To where there was only 1" holding the inner/outer tube sections together.

Moving the woodchipper or the tiller ment the 1" difference in lift they'd separate.

PITA! Also dangerous operation of the devices.
So I also bought a bush hog from them to steal the 36" PTO shaft. Cut half of the inner tube to make a 23" shaft.
Now the tube sections have 5+"together instead of 1".
Everything greased, fueled, oiled ready to chip the day away.

Picture for those that have no idea what it looks like.

Screenshot_20240730_092900_Google.jpg

I've been wondering about the patent process. It seems expensive & complicated. I have an idea that may be worth pursuing. All these "invent help" sites seem to do is ask for 20 grand for "start up" costs. They would take your money no matter what you submit. You can't trust their reviews because they manipulate them.
I can't stress enough the importance of having a real trusted patent attorney on your side !! I was ripped off years ago on another idea, and was gun shy about trying again with any kind of idea. My boss and the owner of the boat I work on took on all that with trusted people who he had worked with before....I'm sure we are just above 10,000 $ now....maybe a bit less ? But we are technically done with the patent process, and are just waiting for official notification that we can proceed forward. It's going to take 10,000 more probably for us to produce enough units to start recouping costs, and getting in the black....but we are on our way, and God bless the boss for paying, and bringing my idea to life....now I have to develop and market them and sell some !! Who knows....maybe you sell the whole thing to another tackle company and move on.....or maybe develop a couple more products and become a tackle company.....future is bright !!

You really do that?
Kind of a morbid way of looking at the day, dare I say.

Jeez all I see is another pile of $$$ to make some more $$$ for the ones that have lots of $$$.
Been expecting to see the first missles ever since I was a child. 🤷‍♂️

"Moving the woodchipper or the tiller ment the 1" difference in lift they'd separate."

Hmmmmm......"lift and separate". Now....just where have I heard that before? :angel12:

You really do that?
Kind of a morbid way of looking at the day, dare I say.

Jeez all I see is another pile of $$$ to make some more $$$ for the ones that have lots of $$$.
I live 30 miles south of the launch pads. It is unreal how many rockets are being launched now. At least 2-3 a month and many times, that many in a week. Hell, I've seen 2 in the same day shot off. No one living here believes the BS line about "Starlink" satellites, or weather satellites, etc. No F-ing way you need all those rockets for that crap. Something is going on and at this point in my life I tend to be a little distrustful of the billionaire techy types with their patent statements & $hit eating grins. Elon Musk's grin looks like a opossum in a persimmon tree. A large group of astronomers have tried to sue to curtail the amount of space launches but were dismissed. The billionaire's can pay for better lawyers & send the judges on elaborate vacations.

Afternoon my favourite pirates xx hope ur all well xx 🤗

so logged into the HR thingy to book my hollibobs…… ughh … cant remember password.. finally got the right one.. message pops up… you need to change ur password … FFS…!!

Ok… i will try again tomoz when ive written down my old password.. and come up with a new one.. and written that one down aswell… !!! 🙄🙄 xx

Afternoon my favourite pirates xx hope ur all well xx 🤗

so logged into the HR thingy to book my hollibobs…… ughh … cant remember password.. finally got the right one.. message pops up… you need to change ur password … FFS…!!

Ok… i will try again tomoz when ive written down my old password.. and come up with a new one.. and written that one down aswell… !!! 🙄🙄 xx
Password: You'zaDaftbunchof$hits.
Just in case they snoop.🤣

I get the need for security on line… but this HR one u have to change it every 3 months… and you have to come up with a new one each time… but also.. u must not write it down… i work from home with a pigeon… im writing the flippin thing down !!! 🙄🙄… xx

I get the need for security on line… but this HR one u have to change it every 3 months… and you have to come up with a new one each time… but also.. u must not write it down… i work from home with a pigeon… im writing the flippin thing down !!! 🙄🙄… xx
That's one of the things that amuses me about password security policies. They say not to write it down, then create policies which make it pretty impossible to remember unless you write it down.

Mornin all.

Inspector supposed to check post holes today.
Still awaiting yesterdays lumber delivery.( Trucks need to turn around next door and back in. It's not inherent though apparently..)
Have a workbench , grinder and table to pick up today elsewhere.
Everyone must be waiting till I leave.

IMG_0374.JPG

That's one of the things that amuses me about password security policies. They say not to write it down, then create policies which make it pretty impossible to remember unless you write it down.
Exactly…!!! My brain does not remember this kinda stuff… but if u ask me which field we found each bit of treasure… oh yes i can tell you that! 😆 xx

#priorities …. 😎

Good afternoon.
Have a possible meterite site..
Seeking an imaging company to tighten the site near a river.
Is there anything to Satillite imaging for specific minerals or rare earth elements ?
I doubt it there is anything available for the general public.

I'm going out fishing today to test my prototype....I have 3 tester prototypes. So far only 2 small modifications are needed in production models....but, one is a game changer for utility and marketing!! Super exciting stuff !!
Congrats!!!!! :headbang:
Will it have a name? Like wiggle wart, Hula-Popper, Hoot-a-Nanny, Super spook, Rebel Pop-R..... You see where I'm going.
Bart's, Bobbers! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back