THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

It seems that a simple thing like a tire/tube repair turns into a bigger job sometimes.

3 studs were sheared off at the hub of the skid steer, leaving 5 holding the rim on.
I called to get them replaced-they need the spline/thread measurements.

This meant taking out a complete one to measure it correctly.
Had to heat it, and with a 8lb sledge I finally got the sucker out.
Drove to town 20 miles south to find that they didn't have it-will be there 9am this AM.

So while I was there I ordered a clutch assembly for the Honda AC-should be an interesting job to do.
Couple of tubes of grease to to make things interesting.

Slipped over to the hardware store to get a brown light switch to match the outlet on the brick wall.
Nope don't sell brown light switches-only brown plugs and covers.
So black was the choice.

Ok lets get the smart key locks needed-deadbolt and 2 passage locks.

OK back to getting the 3 sheared off studs out this morning-OH the air above the hamlet might be a tad blue.

Now I get to play mechanic, electrician, locksmith
Amazing how the to-do list grows all the time it seems.

I don't know where (else) to post this...

Yesterday, Western New York got hit by tornadoes. I know some members here live in/near the area. Hope everyone is safe.

Morning my pretty pirates xx ahh the joy that is Thursday 😆 xx

Wondered if i could ask, if you have time and the inclination… could you have a watch if these 2 videos?

The are to be played at Joyce’s funeral… Joyce lived in the same village all her life and loved her garden and all things nature, so have used my pics taken while detecting to put the music too…

So if u were attending a funeral and they were playing while you sang… would you think .. they were ok?

I will do a third one with pics of joyce and the family… but wanted to get an honest opinion.. from someone other than David!!

Dont feel obligated… but if u had a moment over your coffee… i would very much appreciate it xx 🤗 xxx

Arrghh.
No. Meaning yes I'd think they were o.k. whilst I was supposed to be singing because singing would be covered by them and I could just watch pictures instead of singing.
For folks with hearing aids I don't know what the given noise and acoustics of the event combined with a group singing in addition would help or not help.

Elsewise than during singing if you run the two shown during such , you can make another vid..(Insert Blossom needs more to do icon here.)
Pics on a loop with faint music (no singing) when nothing is really going in the awkward beginning as people gather or watch the clock or wander about or greet each other or view the subject. Even at both ends of the funeral service. I'm not thinking the entire service. Lest someone like myself zone out watching the vid..

For a wake or visitation instead , a slideshow the whole time without the singing.
(But only one event per vid, so to avoid duplication during the three potential events of wake visitation and funeral making each event unique.)

Wonderful work though that I'd watch for the umpteenth time during hymns if they were played . For the mentioned reason , and perhaps another.
Play them during singing as you thought ' and the /to heck with (bollocks!) what a critic might say. YOU are the one in the arena,

(I'll see myself out. You didn't need to toss my hat out the window.)

Wondered if i could ask, if you have time and the inclination… could you have a watch if these 2 videos?

The are to be played at Joyce’s funeral… Joyce lived in the same village all her life and loved her garden and all things nature, so have used my pics taken while detecting to put the music too…

So if u were attending a funeral and they were playing while you sang… would you think .. they were ok?

I will do a third one with pics of joyce and the family… but wanted to get an honest opinion.. from someone other than David!!

Dont feel obligated… but if u had a moment over your coffee… i would very much appreciate it xx 🤗 xxx

I think both are quite lovely.

Arrghh.
No. Meaning yes I'd think they were o.k. whilst I was supposed to be singing because singing would be covered by them and I could just watch pictures instead of singing.
For folks with hearing aids I don't know what the given noise and acoustics of the event combined with a group singing in addition would help or not help.

Elsewise than during singing if you run the two shown during such , you can make another vid..(Insert Blossom needs more to do icon here.)
Pics on a loop with faint music (no singing) when nothing is really going in the awkward beginning as people gather or watch the clock or wander about or greet each other or view the subject. Even at both ends of the funeral service. I'm not thinking the entire service. Lest someone like myself zone out watching the vid..

For a wake or visitation instead , a slideshow the whole time without the singing.
(But only one event per vid, so to avoid duplication during the three potential events of wake visitation and funeral making each event unique.)

Wonderful work though that I'd watch for the umpteenth time during hymns if they were played . For the mentioned reason , and perhaps another.
Play them during singing as you thought ' and the /to heck with (bollocks!) what a critic might say. YOU are the one in the arena,

(I'll see myself out. You didn't need to toss my hat out the window.)
Ahh Thanks RC xx 🤗 as i doubt there will be many people there… and neither me or him can hold a tune, i thought we needed something going on rather than our mumblings echoing around the church 🙈…!! Hopefully these will do the job!! Joyce was 88 which means she was one of the last if her generation left … but a bit of tradition blasting out the speakers will hopefully make up for that xx 🤗

Ahh Thanks RC xx 🤗 as i doubt there will be many people there… and neither me or him can hold a tune, i thought we needed something going on rather than our mumblings echoing around the church 🙈…!! Hopefully these will do the job!! Joyce was 88 which means she was one of the last if her generation left … but a bit of tradition blasting out the speakers will hopefully make up for that xx 🤗
Joyce was Dads age at his death .
A delight was a gent that approached me after the service (I was dressed as in the 1600's wearing quite a knife and powder horn ect. and most folks kept distant) to say he was a kid with Dad and they did some things that are not to be discussed. (With a twinkle in the mans eye. )
I didn't spoil it for him and ask if it was finding a crate of donated guns for England during the war at the rail station and playing war with some of them before retuning them..( I had heard about that. ) Their secret(s) to keep though , whatever it was.
That unexpected visit of a survivor from that era was a treat.

Keep an eye out and you might see a quiet totterer you don't know ease through somewhere sometime to acknowledge Joyce. Even if not a peep is involved you'll know they knew something together back when , and it's a good thing..

1720727108132.png

Joyce was Dads age at his death .
A delight was a gent that approached me after the service (I was dressed as in the 1600's wearing quite a knife and powder horn ect. and most folks kept distant) to say he was a kid with Dad and they did some things that are not to be discussed. (With a twinkle in the mans eye. )
I didn't spoil it for him and ask if it was finding a crate of donated guns for England during the war at the rail station and playing war with some of them before retuning them..( I had heard about that. ) Their secret(s) to keep though , whatever it was.
That unexpected visit of a survivor from that era was a treat.

Keep an eye out and you might see a quiet totterer you don't know ease through somewhere sometime to acknowledge Joyce. Even if not a peep is involved you'll know they knew something together back when , and it's a good thing..
Agreed, i would love that!! xx

What i would never tell those to “Turnips”… when they asked why are you doing this/ did u ever meet her…etc. . i will tell you.

I moved up north with a friend… and her mum asked us to drive to a place called Harston to collect some cushion covers she had had made… we drove down… about an hour from where we lived… and not having Sat Nav in those days.. got lost amongst the beautiful little villages and countryside you see in my detecting pics… and just felt like id come home. Well the person we were collecting from was Joyce.

About a year later i moved to Croxton one of the villages we had driven thru… and met Himself …. So if it wasnt for Joyce, i would have never met himself, got into detecting and boarded the ship…. So yes Joyce had a profound effect on my life, for which i will always be greatful 🙏 xx

Agreed, i would love that!! xx

What i would never tell those to “Turnips”… when they asked why are you doing this/ did u ever meet her…etc. . i will tell you.

I moved up north with a friend… and her mum asked us to drive to a place called Harston to collect some cushion covers she had had made… we drove down… about an hour from where we lived… and not having Sat Nav in those days.. got lost amongst the beautiful little villages and countryside you see in my detecting pics… and just felt like id come home. Well the person we were collecting from was Joyce.

About a year later i moved to Croxton one of the villages we had driven thru… and met Himself …. So if it wasnt for Joyce, i would have never met himself, got into detecting and boarded the ship…. So yes Joyce had a profound effect on my life, for which i will always be greatful 🙏 xx
A turnip wants a qualifier they can go fly a kite. There is none required to care. None! Regardless of your friendship.
And it is entirely English to not respond to such things. Such as the idiocy of suggesting a qualifier!

"Oh my dear! That's just hard cheese for you then isn't it". Would be my reply.
(Which is why I'm not in such a position to say so , usually. )
L.o.l..

Very Nice! Sorry for your loss.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back