THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Already done lol. Waiting on the AC guy again. 95+ the index equals over 100 degrees. No houses out there so if I get heatstroke I’m done. Long walk back to where I park. Good thought though
We had the same temperatures last week.
I hate it when the humidity is high.
I've worked in 110-115F temperatures in Phoenix AZ.
But it was dry.
98F with 98% humidity in Houston TX. Now that was uncomfortable especially unloading trailers of fiberglass insulation. YUK!
The other yuk factor placement was in a oil pipe coating factory.
Hot tar on the pipes.
Pressure washing oil rig Derricks wasn't too bad. The oil mist from the spray was somewhat refreshing 🤣

I only set the detector down if I get on my knees to retrieve or photograph the find.
Usually it's a one handed shovel hold, dig, use boot for leverage behind blade to get dirt out of hole.

Disclaimer: Now that I have had the required dosage of morning nectar I have now realized that you probably will set the detector down and use 2 hands-one foot-2 grunts-one grumble on why you're subjected to be digging your own holes while Himself is clearly ignoring the Cute Lass's need for help.View attachment 2155824
That is exactly how i dig!! 😂😂… i think my technique was the only way i was able to handle the operation with my garret… i had the tornado coil on it which was huge… so i had to dig big diameter holes as was impossible to pin point the finds actual location 😂… i still dig 4 sides of the hole on grass 🙈 xx

Mornin all.

Form matters when using a shovel.
Try not to twist lower back or use back as much as legs to lift for example.
shovel-slip.gif

I’m celebrating the anniversary of The Battle of the Greasy Grass today (Little Big Horn). The arrogant Custer got exactly what he deserved. Too bad so many enlisted men had to die along with him. Indigenous Freedom Fighters 1: land stealing, lying inflictors of genocide 0.
Too bad they won the battle, but lost the war. (My opinion)

I’m celebrating the anniversary of The Battle of the Greasy Grass today (Little Big Horn). The arrogant Custer got exactly what he deserved. Too bad so many enlisted men had to die along with him. Indigenous Freedom Fighters 1: land stealing, lying inflictors of genocide 0.
Too bad they won the battle, but lost the war. (My opinion)
If you read about Custers exploits during the civil war you’ll see real quick how arrogant he was. However, it was the arrogance of excellence when commanding troops. At age 23 he defeated J.E.B. Stuart and his cavalry at Gettysburg, three days after becoming a commander. The list of battles he survived is impressive. When a life long military warrior like him pushes it far enough, long enough, the odds will catch up with him, and they did big time! Dead at age 36, and won’t be forgotten anytime soon.

If you read about Custers exploits during the civil war you’ll see real quick how arrogant he was. However, it was the arrogance of excellence when commanding troops. At age 23 he defeated J.E.B. Stuart and his cavalry at Gettysburg, three days after becoming a commander. The list of battles he survived is impressive. When a life long military warrior like him pushes it far enough, long enough, the odds will catch up with him, and they did big time! Dead at age 36, and won’t be forgotten anytime soon.
Yes. When you survive, using bravado, it’s called bravery. When you get everyone killed using bravado, it is then called ignorance.
Many leaders have sent their command to their deaths because the leader only envisioned the big parade after the assumed victory.
In reality, many times, they were actually seeing a funeral procession, not a victory parade.

We had the same temperatures last week.
I hate it when the humidity is high.
I've worked in 110-115F temperatures in Phoenix AZ.
But it was dry.
98F with 98% humidity in Houston TX. Now that was uncomfortable especially unloading trailers of fiberglass insulation. YUK!
The other yuk factor placement was in a oil pipe coating factory.
Hot tar on the pipes.
Pressure washing oil rig Derricks wasn't too bad. The oil mist from the spray was somewhat refreshing 🤣
I went anyway and found nothing. The AC guy called it off again. Going to try some window coverings called Roman Blinds it’s just the afternoon the AC can’t cool down the house

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back