THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

1719000047670.png

In a garage sale "junk" box I think it is Bakelite! I don't have a Bakelite tester..... :argue:

View attachment 2155187

View attachment 2155188

View attachment 2155189
Simple way of testing it.

The "Hot Water" smell test - Dip your item into hot water or create friction on the item by rubbing it on a piece of clothing to create some heat. Authentic Bakelite will have a chemical smell of formaldehyde. The Weight Test - Bakelite should feel heavy and substantial for its size.

The "Hot Water" smell test - Dip your item into hot water or create friction on the item by rubbing it on a piece of clothing to create some heat. Authentic Bakelite will have a chemical smell of formaldehyde. The Weight Test - Bakelite should feel heavy and substantial for its size.
Thanks! I was just looking up "how to test"
If it is a vintage marbled Bakelite bracelet it is well worth the dollar box I bought.

Under hot water it stinks! I guess formaldy like....

I used to tune my guitars to Hells Bells beginning. ....guitar not the bell...
HEH!!

284.1 million views!!

I used the Chicago color my world intro. (?)
I have an electric tuner around here somewhere today.
Sold my Alverez though.
A warped or movable on it's own in time necked guitar is in the basement today. Must have got put there when I had the other..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back