THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

How's truck repair going?
Oh it's coming along, just slowly. I really only get one day a week to work on it, and this week that got taken up with other things (a spring festival at a nearby nursery, then an evening spent sitting on a riverbank by a campfire). But yeah, I've got everything off the front of the motor and all but a couple of bolts out of the valve covers. Had to buy a couple of flex adapters and such to get to those back ones. I'm sure this is all just super easy with the motor out of the truck, but I'm not going that route unless I really have to. Once the valve covers are off I'll drop the oil pan and pull the front cover and then the real fun can start.

On the plus side, having it sitting in the shop this long has made me aware of a couple of leaks that I hope I can fix while I'm at it. I'm not sure yet if it's oil or transmission fluid (have to crawl under there to find out), but I'll get to it.

It’s the Captain’s special rum, it’s aged me before me time 😳 xx
32873a31a3dc5b95f48dba64fc87807f.jpg

Good morning all! I’ve got the hanta virus and a new to me Truck! Only 333,000 miles. She’s but a wee lad. Now to make something out of er!

This old square body was a rusty pile of possum droppings when I drug it home. Just a little elbow grease.
Great job on the truck! I want one 🤩
Get well too👍

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back