THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

I usually don't kill spiders. Down here in Florida spiders, dragon flies, & lizards are the best Frontline pest control.
Unfortunately Black Widow’s love it here in my bushes out front. I used to pull weeds but now I spray them. My yard is different from any I’ve ever had. Every year we get some kind of insect invasion and each year it’s different. Although Lady Bugs have came twice.

Depends on the spider. Outside, I leave them be unless they're poisonous and in an area where I or my dogs go. Inside, I most often will catch them and put them outside. If they don't want to be caught, or if they're poisonous, they generally meet with rapid terminal compression.
We have that Daddy long legs living in every room.
Not really a spider
The dock spiders do get relocated outside.

Okay I’m back 😃
I tease my wife all the time about something. Our car in certain light conditions will change colors. Sometimes it will look dark blue other times it will look like a purple. Sometimes it will even look black.
But anyway when we treat ourselves to a meal out or go to the store. I always look to see where we parked. She doesn’t and when we come out after eating or shopping she on many occasions has walked up to the wrong car that might be one of the described colors and try to open the door and get in.
Just the other day here we are leaving a restaurant and I automatically see her walking to the wrong car. I just stood and watched. She turned around and said aren’t you coming? I said yes I will be there in a minute. She opened up the car which was unlocked and started to sit in. I yelled no don’t do that. Well sure enough she realized it was the wrong car.
I felt bad for letting her go to the wrong car and after I said I’m glad I never do that with a smile. Well just yesterday she stayed in the car while I went in to drop some mail off. I always tell her to lock the door until I get back. While I was in somebody parked right next to our car same color as ours. I came out and the sun was in my eyes. I walked straight to the wrong car and went to open it and it was locked. I was yelling for her to unlock the door so I could get inside. I looked inside and didn’t see anyone so I stood up and my wife was in the next car over just rolling. I was so embarrassed when I walked to my car. She said what were you yelling about. I said I thought you were on your phone playing games and didn’t see me walk up. Then I said I guess I went to the wrong car and she was all smiles.
Now I can’t tease her anymore.
Now I’m sure someone you know does it to right?

Oh yes. Here too. They are all named "Fred".
I think I have the Waltons, and the Brady bunch hanging out.
This guy lived in my mirror of the Grey Tundra all one summer. I would park it would come out, start the truck it would scamper back.
I got start saying hello to it. 🤣
Yes we're starving for any friend that will stick around.
Weird that the picture picks up a different color of paint.
20190726_121905.jpg

Lets see ... there is "long daddy"..... "long daddy long legs"..... and their respective female long legs.
They are named... Ms long legs.... and miss long daddy long legs.... and then there are their siblings....
"short legs and "even shorter legs".

Then there is stick legs.... straw legs..... leg less (missing a leg)... PEg leg (he has stiff leg)... and then there are..... "frog logs".... he lives in corner of shower..... and then there isssss.........

:P

Okay I’m back 😃
I tease my wife all the time about something. Our car in certain light conditions will change colors. Sometimes it will look dark blue other times it will look like a purple. Sometimes it will even look black.
But anyway when we treat ourselves to a meal out or go to the store. I always look to see where we parked. She doesn’t and when we come out after eating or shopping she on many occasions has walked up to the wrong car that might be one of the described colors and try to open the door and get in.
Just the other day here we are leaving a restaurant and I automatically see her walking to the wrong car. I just stood and watched. She turned around and said aren’t you coming? I said yes I will be there in a minute. She opened up the car which was unlocked and started to sit in. I yelled no don’t do that. Well sure enough she realized it was the wrong car.
I felt bad for letting her go to the wrong car and after I said I’m glad I never do that with a smile. Well just yesterday she stayed in the car while I went in to drop some mail off. I always tell her to lock the door until I get back. While I was in somebody parked right next to our car same color as ours. I came out and the sun was in my eyes. I walked straight to the wrong car and went to open it and it was locked. I was yelling for her to unlock the door so I could get inside. I looked inside and didn’t see anyone so I stood up and my wife was in the next car over just rolling. I was so embarrassed when I walked to my car. She said what were you yelling about. I said I thought you were on your phone playing games and didn’t see me walk up. Then I said I guess I went to the wrong car and she was all smiles.
Now I can’t tease her anymore.
Now I’m sure someone you know does it to right?
My wife walked up to her Explorer and tried to open the door, it wouldn't open. The man sitting in it with his dog said "can I help you?" Her car was in the next lane. I was crying.

Thanks for all the coin cleaning advice! I am going to use the Beach setting on the Deus 2 when I get to BVI. I am excited to see what I can find there ! I am in dire need of this vacation. AND... its my birthday tomorrow!
Happy Birthday and I hope you get some great treasure on your vacation!

Spiders round here generally understand that if i see them inside... they will be eradicated.
And that applies to most anything that crawls.
Most flying critters that make it in get tossed out.... UNLESS.... REPEAT unless........ they happen to be a mosquito.... Then.... its met with the ole racket "zapper" with furry.
Detest those little bloodsuckers with a passion.
If a bug enters my humble abode, I consider it an act of war and I will treat it as such! That also goes for *anything* that decides to bite/sting. No matter where I happen to be.

But, when I'm on my walks....if I dig up a worm? I always try to return it to its abode when I'm finished.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back