THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

20240229_114557.jpg

It was touch and go with old speedy the cat, and it took about 3 days of 24 hour care, to get her stabilized. Like @releventchair said....quit wrighting her Off....well it took IV of fluids, shots, and supplements, tapeworm meds, flea meds, and all sorts of everything we could muster to save her !! Dr. Baily made house calls, and paid special attention to her....everything was done here at home, on her terms. She was so malnourished that the vet had to just wait 4 days before treating her, but when the fluids got into her, and the fleas stopped draining her she started to turn the tide. She is way under weight, and still needs some special care, but dang.....man she's tough. We will celebrate 🥳 her 15th birthday 🎂 this weekend with chicken 🐔 bits, and with some special high calorie food !!

The gift of having her back is very special, and I thank the lord for his graciousness!!
20240229_153046.jpg

She has finally been able to curl up in comfort.....its been a week or more for her to look somewhat relaxed again, and not in pain and agony !!

Afternoon Pirates xx hope your Saturday is going well xx great to see you stop by Barty xx 🤗 no detecting for us today Mother’s Day tomoz so we went visiting. it was a bright sunny day …. with actual warmth in the sun… can It be spring is a coming? 🤔 xx

View attachment 2136146
It was touch and go with old speedy the cat, and it took about 3 days of 24 hour care, to get her stabilized. Like @releventchair said....quit wrighting her Off....well it took IV of fluids, shots, and supplements, tapeworm meds, flea meds, and all sorts of everything we could muster to save her !! Dr. Baily made house calls, and paid special attention to her....everything was done here at home, on her terms. She was so malnourished that the vet had to just wait 4 days before treating her, but when the fluids got into her, and the fleas stopped draining her she started to turn the tide. She is way under weight, and still needs some special care, but dang.....man she's tough. We will celebrate 🥳 her 15th birthday 🎂 this weekend with chicken 🐔 bits, and with some special high calorie food !!

The gift of having her back is very special, and I thank the lord for his graciousness!! View attachment 2136152
She has finally been able to curl up in comfort.....its been a week or more for her to look somewhat relaxed again, and not in pain and agony !!
My theory is Speddy got trapped in someone's garage/house/shed who then left for an extended period. They came back & opened the door and he got back out and went home. My sister-in-law's cat Smudge was missing for 2 weeks and a neighbor came back from vacation, opened the garage and out ran Smudge.

My theory is Speddy got trapped in someone's garage/house/shed who then left for an extended period. They came back & opened the door and he got back out and went home. My sister-in-law's cat Smudge was missing for 2 weeks and a neighbor came back from vacation, opened the garage and out ran Smudge.
That's exactly what happened....hard to think of the suffering incurred, but its over now, and we've been back 9 days now, and life is getting better for her.....and us all now that we've made it over the hump....so to speak.

Afternoon Pirates xx hope your Saturday is going well xx great to see you stop by Barty xx 🤗 no detecting for us today Mother’s Day tomoz so we went visiting. it was a bright sunny day …. with actual warmth in the sun… can It be spring is a coming? 🤔 xx
I guess we'z can accept that for an excuse-visiting the Mom is warranted.:heart:
Now what is it going to be tomorrow's excuse, getting the nails done on Himself's toes? :laughing7:

Good morning. Time change. Ugh.

I've been keeping my finds in little "tackle box" looking things. I decided I needed better organization. So I'm going from this:

IMG_3854.jpeg

to this:

IMG_3856.jpeg

Now I just have to move things over, sorting as I go, and add some labels. I won't get to that today though -- have to work on the truck.

@Bamasteve this is where I'd like to take you and your wife when you come next....I have quite a few other secret sand bars like this one too !!
Sounds like a plan, we’re gonna be down that way at the end of August!

Good morning! It’s reset all the clocks day. When will they finally let the time change thing die?
Ok that's what happened-thought I had a moment :icon_scratch:
Pouring a cup of coffee looked at the time and it was 5:55
Just looked at the time on the computer and it said 7:35
Still had some coffee in the cup......:dontknow:

Thanks Toddspoint for saving me some thoughts about time shifting :laughing7:

(Though living under a rock, this is the first I've heard about the time change)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back