THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Yes good morning and have a great day. Going in the 70s today. Spring is trying to get here. Idk about the other states but here in the spring some years the pollen is so thick you can actually see it blowing in the wind. If it’s like that I will have to wear one of them stupid masks, ha

Good morning all. It's Monday again. I love Mondays.

IMG_3739 (1).jpeg

WARNING TO BART
The wife is looking at the keys for a summer vacation
Come down, and I'll make sure you get at least 1 gold to bring home. And your wife will enjoy this spot also....white sand, clear water, and warm sun !!🫡

Well that's it for fishing, and it's looking like March will be very slow for me. Time to start the water season, and im going to target some 100 pound plus tarpon for my son and nephews to learn how to catch. I'm so lucky to be able to use the family compound as a base to launch from. The compound is in islamorada and has its own boat ramp to launch Expeditions into the lower keys, and north into the everglades, and cape Sable. I'm ready to water hunt, and it might be time to get back in and get the gold. Water is at its coldest right now, but it will start to swing back into warmer conditions soon. This last fishing session was incredible, and we really crushed the fishing with an awsome week of catching. Although I missed my big treasure hunt, we definitely made the right call, and had one of the best sailfish bites of my life.....I leadered 28 sailfish in 4 days !! I have so much gopro footage, that it will take weeks to edit and splice into clips for instagram !! Time for TREASURE HUNTING now !!

Are you never afraid of loosing that overboard Bart?
I picked this particular coin to mount and ware as a good luck piece with the thought that I would more than likely loose it one day. It's an undated piece with a poor strike, but still has pretty good marks. I put red garnets around it to represent the spilled blood of the Spaniards who lost there lives in the disaster, and honor the dead. I ware it cross side out to honor the lord, and I normally tuck it in during combat with these fish....or so I think....I often notice it outside my shirt in the photos ! I except I'll lose it sometime, but I try to protect it. I have retired the big milled 1733 pillar dollar to the safe, and will ware the cobb most of the time now !!

I had found a piece of eight, so the next morning I got up in the dark, and ran down to the spot in the pouring rain. It was story and windy, and I got a hit at the dune foot in the fresh cut....the sand was different and very ancient, and as I dug I felt like I knew it was treasure, and boy was it ever !! This was the first of many to come that day along with jewelry, buckles, and religious medallions. It was dark when I dug the hole, and after sitting in awe in the light of my pickup I decided I should recheck the hole, and that was the beginning of a cache of 1733 treasure that I dug a bit at a time for many years. That morning I dug a dozen or more small coins, but the first hole had 2 pieces of eight in it, and when I rechecked the hole out popped a 1733 pillar dollar !!
photo-8-1.JPG

I picked this particular coin to mount and ware as a good luck piece with the thought that I would more than likely loose it one day. It's an undated piece with a poor strike, but still has pretty good marks. I put red garnets around it to represent the spilled blood of the Spaniards who lost there lives in the disaster, and honor the dead. I ware it cross side out to honor the lord, and I normally tuck it in during combat with these fish....or so I think....I often notice it outside my shirt in the photos ! I except I'll lose it sometime, but I try to protect it. I have retired the big milled 1733 pillar dollar to the safe, and will ware the cobb most of the time now !!

I had found a piece of eight, so the next morning I got up in the dark, and ran down to the spot in the pouring rain. It was story and windy, and I got a hit at the dune foot in the fresh cut....the sand was different and very ancient, and as I dug I felt like I knew it was treasure, and boy was it ever !! This was the first of many to come that day along with jewelry, buckles, and religious medallions. It was dark when I dug the hole, and after sitting in awe in the light of my pickup I decided I should recheck the hole, and that was the beginning of a cache of 1733 treasure that I dug a bit at a time for many years. That morning I dug a dozen or more small coins, but the first hole had 2 pieces of eight in it, and when I rechecked the hole out popped a 1733 pillar dollar !! View attachment 2133668
AH good stuff Bart, wearing it on the inside while fighting the sea creatures is good.
Then again if it is ever lost you have another adventure to seek out that lost piece.

The chain looks as if I could use it it for pulling a tree, heavy looking for sure.

I used to wear a heavy silver chain and cross in the early years (well what I thought was thick and heavy)
Then after my accident /76 I'd wake up after a night of darkness, and find the chain broken, or so stretched that it was unwearable.
This happened in the throws of a nightmare where I thought I was being strangled/or couldn't breathe so I'd try to ripe the chain from the neck.
I woke one time literally strangling myself with the silver chain-I decided it wasn't advisable to wear jewelry around the neck any longer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back