THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Query: Good dive boots, Kevlar soles.
Such a thing?
I wear dive booties. They're tight enough around the ankles to keep out the debris. I use a pair with a treaded sole for sandy places and a pair with felt soles for the rivers where the rocks are slimy.

I wear dive booties. They're tight enough around the ankles to keep out the debris. I use a pair with a treaded sole for sandy places and a pair with felt soles for the rivers where the rocks are slimy.
Yes.... in water they do out perform most things..... EXCEPT... one of my feared things.... Hence why i also wear Tennis shoes in salt water.

Sting Ray.

If you have never had the EXTREME PLEASURE of a sting ray whipping your foot and the following aftermath.........

You will scoff.

But IF YOU HAVE had that delightful litlle itsy bitsy teenie weenie experience...........

Then you now have a pit in your stomach and know wtf i speak.

Yeah... i am not sure if ole neoprene booties would / could deflect a direct poke of that BARB.

My luck i would have a barb AND a Bootie STUCK in and on me.

Cant pull the barb out..... not from experience.... just know.... my "run in" with one was VERY minor.

But enough to say.... holy sh!t thats totally NOT what i thought it would be like.

I had very minor cut / slice to side of right foot.... 1 inch back from pinkie toe... perhaps 1/8th of an inch deep.
When i first lifted foot out of water and looked at it and saw a small little trickle of blood... i thought...
"oh good... damn that was close"

And less than 5 minutes later as i labored to exit the water and having trouble catching my breath and stumbled to help... and paramedics.

I then thought....

"F-ck !!! not close enough"

I can't wait to retire!
It's great, then a person gets to do all the stuff they didn't have time for while they worked.
Like renovations, the Honey due list that has been ticking away for decades.
You're going to wonder after awhile, where did that year(s) go.
Seriously its great, just take time to smell the roses.

1000000428.jpg

Yeah... i am not sure if ole neoprene booties would / could deflect a direct poke of that BARB.

My luck i would have a barb AND a Bootie STUCK in and on me.

Cant pull the barb out..... not from experience.... just know.... my "run in" with one was VERY minor.

But enough to say.... holy sh!t thats totally NOT what i thought it would be like.

I had very minor cut / slice to side of right foot.... 1 inch back from pinkie toe... perhaps 1/8th of an inch deep.
When i first lifted foot out of water and looked at it and saw a small little trickle of blood... i thought...
"oh good... damn that was close"

And less than 5 minutes later as i labored to exit the water and having trouble catching my breath and stumbled to help... and paramedics.

I then thought....

"F-ck !!! not close enough"
I get the ones that have an extra thick toe 'cause I'm constantly stubbing my toes on things in the water, including my scoop. :laughing7:
They're as thick or thicker than most tennies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back