THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning everyone, hope you're all having a lovely Friday!

It seems to be getting warmer around here so maybe I'll have some luck getting out again but not sure if my foot likes the idea.

Good luck to all who will be heading out tho!
Good morning
I just had a peek at what temps were happening in your world.

If I had those temps. I'd be shedding the goose and the lamb and going straight to the cotton.
Springtime in Colchester it is.

Screen Shot 2024-01-19 at 8.03.01 AM.png

Good morning
I just had a peek at what temps were happening in your world.

If I had those temps. I'd be shedding the goose and the lamb and going straight to the cotton.
Springtime in Colchester it is.

View attachment 2126911
Yeah much nicer than the last few days when it's been -5/6⁰c at night

Yeah much nicer than the last few days when it's been -5/6⁰c at night
Here is a picture of March 11/13 @ 11 am in the field of Colchester.
I detected for 10 hours that day in what you would say a bit of a blizzard.
Not sure if one could say I was living the dream, but it sure did take some salt to get through the day.
For me that field produced a BC Roman silver, 50 BC Gold stater, gold ring, hammered silver on other days of hitting it, so it's rather special.

Screen Shot 2024-01-19 at 8.09.28 AM.png

Not sure if one could say I was living the dream, but it sure did take some salt to get through the day.

View attachment 2126912
Oh I wouldn't call that a blizzard, I'm from eastern Europe, a blizzard is when you can't see 1/4 of that field in your pic and you have like 2cm od snow by the time you unlock your car

View attachment 2126349
Possible 2nd wreck just offshore of my first !! The satellite 🛰 has an eagle eye 👁 view !! Im foaming at the mouth for long, warm, sunny, crystal clear water days !! I missed almost the whole last summer, playing with fuel systems on the boat....really only got a few trips in at the end. So much to see and film underwater!! Want to hunt the big imperial helmet shells as much as wreck hunt, and dig gold jewelry !!
Yeah I think having the fuel system worked out was the best thing first... :laughing7: Best to be alive and poor then Rich and dead🏴‍☠️

Oh I wouldn't call that a blizzard, I'm from eastern Europe, a blizzard is when you can't see 1/4 of that field in your pic and you have like 2cm od snow by the time you unlock your car
That is a picture of a field quite large.
Yes you are right when you referred to Eastern Europe, as I am very familiar with blizzards here in my country.
But where you are now is the reference I was implied about.
That Gulf Stream keeps ya snuggly.

Brrrrrr..... arrrrrrggg
Oh you little sand bunny you. 🤣

You live such a sheltered climate life.
Warm, hot, unbearable sweating 😓 😅

Then we can get into the nail biting sleepless days during fight/flee hurricane season.
Though when the low humidity levels gentle breezes, perfect temperature days happen :headbang::hello2::notworthy:
I'm a tad green.

That's my AeroGarden. It's basically a little countertop hydroponics garden. The light above it is extensible so it starts out much lower and you keep raising it as the plants grow. Right now it's about as high as it can go. We've mostly used it for herbs and salad greens, but last fall I wanted to try growing some peppers in there. That's the bulk of what you see in the photo (there is some basil intertwined over on the right side, and some parsley getting overshadowed down at the bottom). The peppers are Anaheim peppers, started from seeds I saved from one we got at the grocery store. The plant in the photo is a bit leggy and droopy because it's getting so heavy from the peppers. I need to harvest them all again and let it grow some more. This would be the third major harvest of peppers from this plant. They keep well in the fridge after harvest, and this one plant has provided peppers all winter. It is interesting, the first crop was mild and sweet, but the older the plant gets, the more the peppers are heating up. The last few I ate were like giant jalapenos. I'm the only one in the house who likes hot peppers, so it works out in my favor.

View attachment 2126352
very nice 🌶️
Love the coffee grinder btw... Had one identical, lost the drawer so I used it to grind corn for the chickens :laughing7:

That is a picture of a field quite large.
Yes you are right when you referred to Eastern Europe, as I am very familiar with blizzards here in my country.
But where you are now is the reference I was implied about.
That Gulf Stream keeps ya snuggly.
"You would say" heheheh

I remember driving through France during a flash freeze one year.. 2019 I think

So many accidents everywhere because it went from drizzle to frozen in a matter of minutes

For me that field produced a BC Roman silver, 50 BC Gold stater, gold ring, hammered silver on other days of hitting it, so it's rather special.

View attachment 2126912
You wearing shorts and flip flops in that mild stuff?

Good Morning to All You Goonies :coffee2:
Just catching up from the week. I love getting on here and reading your posts in the mornings :laughing7::laughing3: It reminds me from times past reading the news paper comic section, needed a good laugh.
So cool to see through the lives of you great enthusiast as I once was and hope to be again still. Man I have so many areas to explore, just trying to get that permission. So many lost opportunities as well. Have seen quite a bit of commercial development in historic areas unearthing great potential and just not having the time to explore.
Time..... just ticking away :crybaby2:

Mornin all.

I dragged the old push broom out of the shed.
Works good on deck despite loose handle threads. Yes I should fix it. It would likely break after getting time and attention given it though .

Light lake effect snow below freezing as it's been. Push broom works great.
Till I left it under the house heated dripping eve and it built ice on part of the brush
.Oh it still works. Just not as well.
Sure beats snagging nailheads with a shovel and tired shoulders.

Mornin all.

I dragged the old push broom out of the shed.
Works good on deck despite loose handle threads. Yes I should fix it. It would likely break after getting time and attention given it though .

Light lake effect snow below freezing as it's been. Push broom works great.
Till I left it under the house heated dripping eve and it built ice on part of the brush
.Oh it still works. Just not as well.
Sure beats snagging nailheads with a shovel and tired shoulders.
Just read the other week they've or trying to ban the use of leaf blowers to remove snow in Ottawa. (HONK!)
It works quite well if the light fluffy needs to be moved.
Have done it a few times cleaning off vehicles.
Granted it's just as fast going 60 down the highway also.

Loose broom handle-yes been there had that many times-screw(not )-tape thread(somewhat)epoxy(worked) supports(helped)-Summer worked the best. :laughing7:

Strange how things seem to be loose/break/fail when we grab them in time of need.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back