THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Sorry to see a lot of you dealing with extreme cold weather and snow. This pirate ship needs to be an icebreaker it seems.
Just looking at you summer home.
Heck that's springtime weather.
Screenshot_20240114_120711_Chrome.jpg

"You" , as someone used to put it ; "have the cookie".

Meaning. You are there by choice .
A great position to be in.
You or someone else is needed to take the employers money in the hopes they rake in more money by having more residents.

Your boss is stressed out. and likely also is being wrongly incentivized.
In my opinion the boss should be keeping the folks in the arena with him/her afloat in moral.

Congrats on being so observant to see the leaks in the ship.
Says you are seeing well beyond your stressors. A very good thing! Congrats. You're still human! (Thats kinda good.)

With your experience I'm confident you'd find work elsewhere with the elderly and others in need of such talent.
And in the entire field of "homes" ect. ....There is much need.
But much of it stymied by potentially the same reasons your workplace struggles.

So in exchange for giving your best , the next employer or owner(s) need to demonstrate thier ability to support thier associates.

It is a rare successful company that doesn't heed thier soldiers in the field.
Even the lowest denominators of such.
And if you want to know what's wrong and how to fix it , ask those doing the work!
Some cooperations/investment groups prefer to run things on a shoelace while milking profits.
What they consider success has little to do with how the average soldier in the workforce feels about it though.
Or the customer.

But you know all that. (!)

"You" , as someone used to put it ; "have the cookie".

Meaning. You are there by choice .
A great position to be in.
You or someone else is needed to take the employers money in the hopes they rake in more money by having more residents.

Your boss is stressed out. and likely also is being wrongly incentivized.
In my opinion the boss should be keeping the folks in the arena with him/her afloat in moral.

Congrats on being so observant to see the leaks in the ship.
Says you are seeing well beyond your stressors. A very good thing! Congrats. You're still human! (Thats kinda good.)

With your experience I'm confident you'd find work elsewhere with the elderly and others in need of such talent.
And in the entire field of "homes" ect. ....There is much need.
But much of it stymied by potentially the same reasons your workplace struggles.

So in exchange for giving your best , the next employer or owner(s) need to demonstrate thier ability to support thier associates.

It is a rare successful company that doesn't heed thier soldiers in the field.
Even the lowest denominators of such.
And if you want to know what's wrong and how to fix it , ask those doing the work!
Some cooperations/investment groups prefer to run things on a shoelace while milking profits.
What they consider success has little to do with how the average soldier in the workforce feels about it though.
Or the customer.

But you know all that. (!)
I do my job, I help my coworkers, I've done extra and helped my boss multiple times. I go out of my way to do a good job. I try my best to be extremely polite to residents and make their dining experience good as it should be. Just right now it's super stressful especially with my lemon of a brain.

Good evening, finally defrosted after a very chilly day in the fields xx hope you have all had a marvellous Sunday…

himself is very smug today as he found half a shortcross hammered… but I’m more than happy with my star find! 😆

Makes you wonder how the fish can stay in a river moving like that.
Well I have caught Steelhead out of that river and it is like lightning striking your pole, then a tractor pull! The rivers around here....7 within 60 miles... drain fast, flood level gone in a few days.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back