THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Another dusty day today, found some local 1957/59 sacks that I may keep, better condition.

And the spiders... Oh god the spiders..

Attachments

• IMG_20240115_131600.jpg
    IMG_20240115_131600.jpg
    776.7 KB · Views: 13
Another dusty day today, found some local 1957/59 sacks that I may keep, better condition.

And the spiders... Oh god the spiders..
Morning
So what is the project that you are doing? ( Highlighted to get you'z attention to the query)

1958 the year that I was born :laughing7:
Better keep them sacs-getting to be vintage, me boy, vintage I say. :headbang:

Dusty-hope you wear a mask-hack-chocking-but not joking here.
You might be young but it's no fun when you get older and the pipes are clogged from decades of dirt breathing.

You still have another 50 yrs at least of digging in the dirt, not breathing the dirt.

Mornin all.
We lose a crotal bell , we don't stop!

[YINGLE BELLS Yogi Yorgeson

My wife says to me, “Lets not drive the old Coupe; Hitch up once again the one horse open sleigh.” The horse was awful mad, If he could talk he’d say “You’ll be sorry you hitched me to a one horse open sleigh.” Yingle Bells, Yingle bells, yingling all the way It yust ain’t like it used to be in the one horse open sleigh. Yingle bells, Yingle bells, yingling all the way I should have worn long underwear in that one horse open sleigh. Dashing through the snow with the cold win in our face I can’t hold the horse, he thinks he’s in a race. He kicks snow on us, it hits us on the chest I bet that we’re the coldest Swedes in the whole darn Middle West. Yingle Bells, Yingle bells, yingling all the way- My wife sure hates sleigh bells since she rode that one horse sleigh. Yingle Bells, Yingle Bells, yingling all the way- We’re too old for riding in a one horse open sleigh. The night is awful dark, can’t see beyond my nose I can’t blink my eyes. My eyeballs must be froze. I can’t hear my wife yell, I can’t see her face I guess I must have lost her when we turned at Yohnson’s place. Yingle Bells, Yingle Bells, Yingling all the way I nearly caught pneumonia in that one horse open sleigh Yingle Bells, Yingle Bells, Yingling all the way – I wouldn’t make brass monkey ride in a one horse open sleigh!. ]

Morning
So what is the project that you are doing? ( Highlighted to get you'z attention to the query)

1958 the year that I was born :laughing7:
Better keep them sacs-getting to be vintage, me boy, vintage I say. :headbang:

Dusty-hope you wear a mask-hack-chocking-but not joking here.
You might be young but it's no fun when you get older and the pipes are clogged from decades of dirt breathing.

You still have another 50 yrs at least of digging in the dirt, not breathing the dirt.
Just general tidy up and insulating a barn with a few improvements

Had a roadrunner circling around the house looking in all the windows yesterday. He was camera shy though, as soon as I picked up my phone he did what they do.

Attachments

• IMG_6387.jpeg
    IMG_6387.jpeg
    498.2 KB · Views: 18
Had a roadrunner circling around the house looking in all the windows yesterday. He was camera shy though, as soon as I picked up my phone he did what they do.
Most animals do seem to have an uncanny knack for knowing when there's a camera pointing at them, and run away as fast as possible. Even the domesticated ones.

It's a bright sunny day.
Tad windy=windchill
Comfort food 😋
Raspberry pancakes
Made with our own raspberries, strawberries, eggs, maple syrup, and eaten with a finds fork.
Slathered topping peanut butter and hot butter.
All organic

20240115_131508.jpg
20240115_133237.jpg

Today had been cold and my heel hurts like hell but I'll live, managed to get out for an hour and I'm pretty pleased.

Managed to find a second crotal bell on the same field I found my first, it looks completely undamaged so I'm super happy.

Also got another one of those large bullet casings also snapped again? but I think this one may still have some detail on the head stamp.

Possibly a bullet but seems fairly big? I wonder if they had armour piercing/explosive rounds during WW2? I'm down the road from a WW2 airfield so it's horribly related to the activity there.

And earlier I saved some sacks, mainly the large ones. All were damaged a little but hovered up nicely. The small ones were beyond saving tho

Attachments

• IMG_20240115_151727.jpg
    IMG_20240115_151727.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20240115_151341.jpg
    IMG_20240115_151341.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20240115_151559.jpg
    IMG_20240115_151559.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20240115_182414.jpg
    IMG_20240115_182414.jpg
    577.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20240115_182409.jpg
    IMG_20240115_182409.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
@pepperj are the heads dangerous? As in should I put it in some padding or ?

What I'm assuming is the bullet from one of them, it has this weird bit stuffed into it.

It's not lead and feels like some sort of fibers or whatever, hard to describe its like softish hard..

Head stamp reads something like

R A

Attachments

• IMG_20240115_192837.jpg
    IMG_20240115_192837.jpg
    325.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20240115_192716.jpg
    IMG_20240115_192716.jpg
    564.5 KB · Views: 20
@pepperj are the heads dangerous? As in should I put it in some padding or ?

What I'm assuming is the bullet from one of them, it has this weird bit stuffed into it.

It's not lead and feels like some sort of fibers or whatever, hard to describe its like softish hard..
You're sure it's not lead. Most bullets are lead or have a jacket of copper and such. Probably won't do you any harm as long as you follow the same protocols with lead. Bullet heads don't do anything. It's the black powder and such in the casing that can be problematic and even then meh you'd have to be doing something stupid for issues most times

You're sure it's not lead. Most bullets are lead or have a jacket of copper and such. Probably won't do you any harm as long as you follow the same protocols with lead. Bullet heads don't do anything. It's the black powder and such in the casing that can be problematic and even then meh you'd have to be doing something stupid for issues most times
The end stuffing bit is most certainly not lead, my dad confirmed that too when I asked him to look at it without mentioning anything about what I thought

Just tested scratching it with a sim ejector and it breaks apart like wood fibers ...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back