THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Hey yall I'm about to go hunt an 1860's house site in the woods. I found it while searching on old maps. I checked it out while on a hike and realized the area has a lot of modern trash around it.

Does anyone have good tips on hunting an older area with a lot of modern junky signals?

1704490478379-png.2124444
It's a hard one to do really.
I have resorted to a rake at times, if it can be raked.
Detect remove crap-detect remove crap-then go over it agin for any deeper targets.
Load signals are usually large/or very close to the surface.
Though saying that I've picked up LCs laying under the leaf litter.
Best of luck

Wow....often times I'm amazed at what can be found with dedicated unwavering research.....rarley do I have to leave my couch, and some history is incredible....so many secrets that are still mostly unknown unless you're specifically searching it out !! Im also amazed when I find big mistakes and discrepancies in the transcribed narratives !!View attachment 2124361
Bart is there more to this map ?... looks "cut off".... ?

And a lot of $$$ to operate. The pumps alone will eat a ton of electricity.
That was the first thing that struck me, how many people work on upkeep alone? And it's a lot bigger than it looks in the video. Crazy.

Hey yall I'm about to go hunt an 1860's house site in the woods. I found it while searching on old maps. I checked it out while on a hike and realized the area has a lot of modern trash around it.

Does anyone have good tips on hunting an older area with a lot of modern junky signals?

1704490478379-png.2124444
A backhoe? 🙃

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back