THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

View attachment 2121263View attachment 2121264
Un cleaned 1699 marevidi....found at the big dig a couple years ago. Time to start some research on all the restrikes, and all the little details on this rare keys copper marevidi. To think that this coin was lost in the sands of the keys many years before we were even a country.....🤔😯😁 there could be another date of 163? On it also. Very hard to photograph, and could use some cleaning to get some more detail out of it.
That's one sweet looking coin Bart, certainly a great keeper.

That's one sweet looking coin Bart, certainly a great keeper.
One of my favorites....everyone knows how hard it is to find material from the 17th century here in the US. I cherish every 1600s piece I find.

I used to always save 1 gift to buy for Christmas eve. I loved going out in the hustle and bustle. Also, I would be the *ONLY* one out there who was *NOT* in a hurry.

It was amazing to see the reactions. I would pull up to a parking spot at the same time as someone else. But then.....I would kindly back off and give the spot to them, graciously!

You should've seen some of the most incredulous looks I received! It was as if they were saying, " WTF! DONT YOU KNOW HOW THIS GAME IS PLAYED!?!?!? WHAT %@$^& PLANET ARE YOU FROM!?!???"
🎅

One of my favorites....everyone knows how hard it is to find material from the 17th century here in the US. I cherish every 1600s piece I find.
Kind of like me trying to get late 1700's stuff here.
Further east there's a better chance as the lands were opened up earlier.
The land grants were handed out in the 1800's and some areas weren't even homesteaded till the 1820s it's a challenge.
When somebody states the property was a Loyalist grant-my ears perk up a tad.

Then again an early homestead can have relics that date back many decades older as they brought the item with them.

IMG_0524.jpeg

Little Ranting
Our dishwasher broke down and I was finally thinking about trying to score something before the end of the year. Well it took 3 of my days off waiting for the repair. Finally got it fixed today. Maybe after Christmas I can get out. Hope everyone has a Happy Holiday

20231220_165048.jpg

Jungle shop has no service....took 10 mins to load this image....Santa working late again and shooting sea foam green "awl grip" top coat. Marine grade acrylic urethane !! I can fiberglass and paint at pretty high level. This little dingy was a mess yesterday.... today she's a dreamer with new transom, 4 holes in the bottom re glassed, cracked rub rail fixed, and all the cosmetic body work done.

I survived shooping for groceries.

one ol gal threatened to push me out of the way while laughing. A good laugh.
A younger gal asked it I was getting it when I was standing on the electric cart on my one leg while holding a cooler door open and reaching for a soft paper carton of milk on the top shelf that didn't want to come out.
Told her I got it. I'm undefeated!
then told her I have never been banned from the store yet.
She said she hadn't either but had a couple bars.
I told her I could say the same about a couple bars , and we could work on getting banned from this store...
We didn't get banned though..
Gave another gal a broth coupon at check out.
sweetheart acted like it was a big deal.

Well it was spa day for the Max
Wash and dry with the nails done, so fluffy and soft.
So we had a hour and a half to kill, so let's do coffee.
Their day end at 3pm, well lets drive to the next town, and view the general store of stuff.
Great store as all the help are so old they can't chase a person around. :laughing7:
If in doubt just go up to the next floor, place was built in pre 1850

This is the newest member of our family. The little Keet is starting to poke it's head out to see what's going on in its world. The mommy is the yellow girl and daddy is the white proud one. Both were hatched out a few years back. There were 7 in the aviary, now 8. Not sure of the sex, it's hard to tell when this young.
20231220_170609~2.jpg
Screenshot_20231220_190347_Photos.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back