THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning my hearties!

1699008542658.png

Good morning, all!

I managed to scare up a few minutes to dig up a couple of interesting (to me, anyway) things, which you can see in this thread.

Meanwhile, we had a new buck come to visit last night. He's a bit smaller than the one we've been seeing, but still decent. My wife happened to be outside at the time and got some great pictures as he stopped to drink from the bird bath.

View attachment 2113234 View attachment 2113236 View attachment 2113235
Thank you for the link! Since the new format, I have really struggled with making the rounds on this site. Mostly, out of site, out of mind.

20231103_091403.jpg

Wow....I got a piece of mallorca pottery from the San Felipe 1733. We had 40 knots of wind yesterday!! This northeast blow is still going, and is churning up the water, and eating into the beaches !! Mallorca is probably the most colorful and rarest of the spanish pottery. I've only e er found a couple pieces, and all of it from this site. This piece will be mounted in silver for sure !! For me this is a banner find ...... for most others it's not even known that it was carried by the galleons.....im still researching on it. Olive jar shards are weathering out of the sand all over this site.....cobbs are here, but very deep. I need a 3 foot cut to even have a chance at them......some ancient sand is less than a few inches deep, so im hoping for some luck.

I got half way down the 7 mile bridge, and going 55, with a 40 knot head wind.....my hood came un latched !! I could not pull over, and every gust I thought my hood would fly open and break my windshield.....I had to go 30 mph until I got off the bridge......it was nerve wracking, and the wind was actually dangerous to drive in.....especially on the keys bridges !!

I got half way down the 7 mile bridge, and going 55, with a 40 knot head wind.....my hood came un latched !! I could not pull over, and every gust I thought my hood would fly open and break my windshield.....I had to go 30 mph until I got off the bridge......it was nerve wracking, and the wind was actually dangerous to drive in.....especially on the keys bridges !!
the other day orwell bridge was completelly closed due to the storm

That's one scary story Bart, luckily you weren't hurt.

My brother had a hood go up on a 1972 Grand Torino. Went over the windshield then folded back over at the 1/2 mark.
A person couldn't fold a hood like that even if they tried.

He told us after, it freaked him out because he couldn't see, and going the speed he was doing ment probably life or a extended time in hospital.
Safety latches are under rated by many.

View attachment 2113246
Wow....I got a piece of mallorca pottery from the San Felipe 1733. We had 40 knots of wind yesterday!! This northeast blow is still going, and is churning up the water, and eating into the beaches !! Mallorca is probably the most colorful and rarest of the spanish pottery. I've only e er found a couple pieces, and all of it from this site. This piece will be mounted in silver for sure !! For me this is a banner find ...... for most others it's not even known that it was carried by the galleons.....im still researching on it. Olive jar shards are weathering out of the sand all over this site.....cobbs are here, but very deep. I need a 3 foot cut to even have a chance at them......some ancient sand is less than a few inches deep, so im hoping for some luck.

Congrats on the scent of wreck Bart.

Been a while since that pottery was intact and hearing calm voices on a tolerable sea.
But it has sure encountered some rough sea since.

Need some hood pins. Too late.

Had a Ford that liked to open it's yaw and slam on the top edge of roof.
I could see below it in the gap at bottom. But sure wouldn't want to be on a bridge like that!

Bart!
We need video. Especially the audio part of the incident! l.o.l...

Need some hood pins. Too late.

I could see below it in the gap at bottom. But sure wouldn't want to be on a bridge like that!

Bart!
We need video. Especially the audio part of the incident! l.o.l...
I was definitely talking to myself.....white knuckle ride at 30 mph. Probably would just be alot of bleeps on the audio !!

That's funny because the only car I've ever had the hood come up on while driving was also a Ford -- and I also could see through the gap at the bottom to pull over.

Wouldn't want to do it again though.

Actually turned off the machine to mudlark and beachcomb yesterday!! Got alot of great eyeball finds......including orange sea glass !! Orange seaglass is the rarest of rare !! Only my second piece !!
20231103_103417.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back