THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Morning my trusty team of chums xx

Monday is upon us.. thank goodness it means unlimited Coffee is available 😆 xx

IMG_9517.jpeg

Why , it's yet another spectacular glimpse into my wildlife photography portfolio!
reserve your authentic copy today!
Only $35,000 down will hold your exclusive numbered and signed copy!.
Wow RC it is surely only a matter of time before ur asked to disply ur works in the local Art Gallery … i do hope the resulting fame nd fortune doesn’t see you leaving us for the lofty Cruise ship circuits ! 😬 xx

Advice required from you experts … in my quest for perfecting the holy trinity of the “best day out ever” … im struggling with the coffee part.

Obviously have 1. The perfect land. 2. The perfect kit. The missing component is coffee… 🤔 what is the best recipe for flasked hot coffee to sustain ur girl on a cold winters hunt…also does the type of flask matter 🤔 xx

(NB. Despite Himself’s unhealthy love of fires… it wouldnt be practical to go old skool nd light a fire to boil water… ) xx

(NB. Despite Himself’s unhealthy love of fires… it wouldnt be practical to go old skool nd light a fire to boil water… ) xx
Are you driving to your location? Or are you taking a backpack? There’s small foldaway or camping stoves you can take with you to brew a fresh one in the field some are small enough to take with you in a backpack it’s literally designed for hikers.

BACON NOT INCLUDED!!

Attachments

• 34D98B3E-9397-49BE-9686-22FB5C041441.jpeg
    34D98B3E-9397-49BE-9686-22FB5C041441.jpeg
    38.1 KB · Views: 7
  • A71F2DB9-FA9C-41C3-90FA-660BD3FD466A.jpeg
    A71F2DB9-FA9C-41C3-90FA-660BD3FD466A.jpeg
    196.4 KB · Views: 7
Advice required from you experts … in my quest for perfecting the holy trinity of the “best day out ever” … im struggling with the coffee part.

Obviously have 1. The perfect land. 2. The perfect kit. The missing component is coffee… 🤔 what is the best recipe for flasked hot coffee to sustain ur girl on a cold winters hunt…also does the type of flask matter 🤔 xx

The old story of keeping the coffee hot, so one can enjoy the nectar of the gods later in the day.
Preheat the flask with very hot water.
Get himself to buy you a YETI/Thermos flask for the coffee
Just for the travel mugs if the coffee was 84C after a few hours it would still be 70C (no preheating)

Personally I have found that luck warm coffee/old coffee gets bitter- letting coffee just go cold stays tasty.
But not satisfying on a blustery day.

Are you driving to your location? Or are you taking a backpack? There’s small foldaway or camping stoves you can take with you to brew a fresh one in the field some are small enough to take with you in a backpack it’s literally designed for hikers.

BACON NOT INCLUDED!!
We drive to our fields.. so this option could work🤔… will have to get one and do a time trail, we only get a 20min lunch break as himself is a stickler for time keeping… 🙄, in fact its the only time i see him multi tasking… exiting the cab, brushing the crumbs from his chops nd yelling “back to the hunt” ….😬 …. will raise this option at this weeks planning meeting. Thank you! 😆

The old story of keeping the coffee hot, so one can enjoy the nectar of the gods later in the day.
Preheat the flask with very hot water.
Get himself to buy you a YETI/Thermos flask for the coffee
Just for the travel mugs if the coffee was 84C after a few hours it would still be 70C (no preheating)

Personally I have found that luck warm coffee/old coffee gets bitter- letting coffee just go cold stays tasty.
But not satisfying on a blustery day.
Will have a look on Amazon… AND a certain person’s does have a birthday on the horizon…. Soooo… 😆 xx thanks Peps xx 🤗

We drive to our fields.. so this option could work🤔… will have to get one and do a time trail, we only get a 20min lunch break as himself is a stickler for time keeping… 🙄, in fact its the only time i see him multi tasking… exiting the cab, brushing the crumbs from his chops nd yelling “back to the hunt” ….😬 …. will raise this option at this weeks planning meeting. Thank you! 😆
Haha fair enough. Unless you want to drink lukewarm coffee that’s semi decent, this is one of the best options. If you get something more expensive like a jet oil you can make a fresh coffee in less than a minute apparently

So I guess this idea can be taken off the table then....

Really himself needs to step up and present this at lunch-just once even-we'z can dream-right?

Screen Shot 2023-10-23 at 7.17.12 AM.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back