THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Fishing time for this family.....we are having the Indian summer type day......the ocean is flat calm glass. I never really fish right out in front of the house, but in an effort to have 4-6 good dependable spots that are close to home I've been exploring every little nook and cranny and rock in the ocean close by !! Come to find out there are several great spots less than 2 miles from home. Yesterday I did the kyak thing to a new spot to metal detect......3 mile kyak followed by a 2 mile hike and detecting mission, followed by a 3 mile return kyak.....solo !! I got very upset at a failure for everyone to keep there plans, and was headed in a bad direction of anger and disappointment at everyone around me. After losing half a day because of everyone's idiocy......I ate a couple of those new gummy candies 🍬 for adults !! After that it was a fantastic beautiful day of peace and quiet in the mangroves!! Didn't do as well as I thought I would because of extremely high king tides.....but I did get a Lea and perrins bottle.....1890s probably, and a ships spike !! There was a total pile of Indian tools most likely Tequesta, or biscayno. Hafted pieces, dippers, and other shell tools. I do not mess with Indian artifacts, so everything is in situ still except 2 pieces of pottery, that I've never seen before. Today we will be less than a mile from where I was hunting yesterday......there is a beautiful patch reef just offshore!!
Hmm.
A changing hats necessity type deal in order.

Poking around serendipitously once in a while is a change.
Diamonds in your backyard theory too maybe? Ya right. l.o.l.

When her royal indoors used to fish/boat with me and things slowed I'd ask her where to.
She'd point intuitively. Sometimes very effectively.
No , I didn't dwell on it much. I was offering her a change of her choosing rather than knocking off fishing. Besides , she was getting a decent feel for fish hangouts by varied conditions.

OIP.UT1xlaPw3Yz6bIqip_Dm6wHaEK

Last edited:
Last day of the disabled deer hunt. (Disabled hunters. Not disabled deer.)
I've a nagging feeling I should participate again this evening. But then the same feeling is around most any evening all year.
Mostly just to be outside watching the gonigs ons. Or just watching no goings ons..

Watching two deer laying bedded in the open yesterday got me relaxed too.
Next thing I knew I wasn't looking at anything.
Looked about at points I keep watch and spotted a rump in one of my 100 yard at swamp edge windows. A big rump at that.
It moved long into the cover ,gone in a couple steps and shortly after another deer went through.
Now I expect the bedded deer to notice traffic behind/beyond them in the cover. They didn't.
Hours later after the two left that large deer very cautiously peeked out.
Eventually coming into the open with a couple others.

Caught at dark I clapped two pieces of plank scraps (gun rests) to make noise.
Noisy neighbor a near constant noise and my direction was right. A stereo was thumping my direction (North edge of property-North too) Not sure if it was his but he plays it so loud usually it's clear to me.
They moved off. We'll see who gets seen again. If any.
I'm delighted they visited.

Join a local metal detecting group on FB just said eh why not. Posted some stuff and ended up making a few local friends. Didn't know anyone near me metal detected seriously. One guy in my town goes out and hikes to old home sites and has some amazing finds. Starting talking to this guy. Then my brother is at work and sees a guy with a metal detecting shirt and he assumes he's the guy I talk to and asks him if he knows me. Somehow my brother was right lol. The guy told my brother to tell my brother he and his wife go out all the time if I need a partners to metal detect at times I'm welcomed to go with them. Anxiety me is very cautious though lol. So will take time to earn trust enough to do so. But the guy is a top contributer to finds and sponsored I think

Join a local metal detecting group on FB just said eh why not. Posted some stuff and ended up making a few local friends. Didn't know anyone near me metal detected seriously. One guy in my town goes out and hikes to old home sites and has some amazing finds. Starting talking to this guy. Then my brother is at work and sees a guy with a metal detecting shirt and he assumes he's the guy I talk to and asks him if he knows me. Somehow my brother was right lol. The guy told my brother to tell my brother he and his wife go out all the time if I need a partners to metal detect at times I'm welcomed to go with them. Anxiety me is very cautious though lol. So will take time to earn trust enough to do so. But the guy is a top contributer to finds and sponsored I think
Always more fun to detect with somebody else, imo. Also could solve your mobility problem to get out to new/farther places.

Always more fun to detect with somebody else, imo. Also could solve your mobility problem to get out to new/farther places.
Yeah this guy seems legit but I'll be cautious at first for safety reasons. Can never be too careful in this world

Evening part time pirates, hope you have all had a relaxing Sunday xx 🤗

went back to the barn fields today as the tracks are flooded so couldn’t go back to the pond field 😬 plus himself was determined to prove he could find treasure before we leave these fields! xx He did ok, but I still think my pretty button wins! 😂😂 xx

Thread 'A sunny Sunday xx 😎'
https://www.treasurenet.com/threads/a-sunny-sunday-xx.689354/

Still trying to figure things out around here, how do members progress? I see my rank is now jr member?

And what’s this golden thread?
Golden threads are members finds that made the banner at top, they are displayed on the banner.

Ranks are posting levels.

Newbie - 0 Posts
Tenderfoot - 1-9 Posts
Greenie - 10-19 Posts
Jr. Member - 20-99 Posts
Full Member - 100-249 Posts
Sr. Member - 250-499 Posts
Hero Member - 500-999 Posts
Bronze Member - 1000-2499 Posts
Silver Member - 2500-4999 Posts
Gold Member - 5000+ Posts
Diamond Member - 50,000+ Posts