THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Evening my cute little chums, hope your Saturday has been fab! Xx 🤗

we had a soggy day in the fields today, and once again himself dithered around and contributed some buttons and a musket ball 🙄 .. honestly if his performance doesn’t pick up, i Will have to replace him! 😬xx 😂😂

Thread 'Damp digging today xx ☔️'
https://www.treasurenet.com/threads/damp-digging-today-xx.689324/
buttons, they're my nemesis, i cant live without them but i dont need to find them everywhereeeee

IMG_0325.JPG
IMG_0323.JPG

Fishing time for this family.....we are having the Indian summer type day......the ocean is flat calm glass. I never really fish right out in front of the house, but in an effort to have 4-6 good dependable spots that are close to home I've been exploring every little nook and cranny and rock in the ocean close by !! Come to find out there are several great spots less than 2 miles from home. Yesterday I did the kyak thing to a new spot to metal detect......3 mile kyak followed by a 2 mile hike and detecting mission, followed by a 3 mile return kyak.....solo !! I got very upset at a failure for everyone to keep there plans, and was headed in a bad direction of anger and disappointment at everyone around me. After losing half a day because of everyone's idiocy......I ate a couple of those new gummy candies 🍬 for adults !! After that it was a fantastic beautiful day of peace and quiet in the mangroves!! Didn't do as well as I thought I would because of extremely high king tides.....but I did get a Lea and perrins bottle.....1890s probably, and a ships spike !! There was a total pile of Indian tools most likely Tequesta, or biscayno. Hafted pieces, dippers, and other shell tools. I do not mess with Indian artifacts, so everything is in situ still except 2 pieces of pottery, that I've never seen before. Today we will be less than a mile from where I was hunting yesterday......there is a beautiful patch reef just offshore!!

Fishing time for this family.....we are having the Indian summer type day......the ocean is flat calm glass. I never really fish right out in front of the house, but in an effort to have 4-6 good dependable spots that are close to home I've been exploring every little nook and cranny and rock in the ocean close by !! Come to find out there are several great spots less than 2 miles from home. Yesterday I did the kyak thing to a new spot to metal detect......3 mile kyak followed by a 2 mile hike and detecting mission, followed by a 3 mile return kyak.....solo !! I got very upset at a failure for everyone to keep there plans, and was headed in a bad direction of anger and disappointment at everyone around me. After losing half a day because of everyone's idiocy......I ate a couple of those new gummy candies 🍬 for adults !! After that it was a fantastic beautiful day of peace and quiet in the mangroves!! Didn't do as well as I thought I would because of extremely high king tides.....but I did get a Lea and perrins bottle.....1890s probably, and a ships spike !! There was a total pile of Indian tools most likely Tequesta, or biscayno. Hafted pieces, dippers, and other shell tools. I do not mess with Indian artifacts, so everything is in situ still except 2 pieces of pottery, that I've never seen before. Today we will be less than a mile from where I was hunting yesterday......there is a beautiful patch reef just offshore!!
Sometimes if the MoJo isn't correct it reflects on what we get out of the dirt.
Then there's times when the mind is at ease, mojo is there and the recoveries reflect.
Best of luck on the fishing
Would love to see some in situ photos of the tools and things.

It certainly looks like a green day for me
Screen Shot 2023-10-22 at 8.47.31 AM.png

I see the winds are going in a counter clockwise rotation today so we'll be wet.
The Mrs is going to a music festival at our community hall in the hallow, so I won't be on call.
Screen Shot 2023-10-22 at 8.52.35 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-10-22 at 9.27.42 AM.png
That being said I will work in the shop making (some) room for the summer outdoor furniture.(Yes Dear:laughing7:)

Just FYI-Pepper was going to finish up putting a replacement bolt into the new spreader (Seems like an important thing to do)
So I can move it back outside to make room-wait a second so I still do as I'm told it seems:icon_scratch::laughing7:

Either way a fall day is here and it's not a nice one really to go playing.
Went out to the permission late yesterday and a heavy down pour arrive as I arrived. Chatted with the permission in the work shop for the rain time.
He told me to use the access lane between the fields(don't drive in hte field as you'll never get out)Still as I was going down the lane slope I slid for 60+ feet.

So this was knocking at the minds door on "Will I get back up the field, or phone the permission to pull me out?"
I think it wrecked the MOJO as I didn't find anything in the hour spent-except very muddy boots.
I had no problems-wasted thoughts-just let the truck idle it's way back out in 4x4.

Ok-time to get chilly-You all have a cozy warm day you hear.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back