THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning!

1696249351058.png

Geesh ! Feel the love.

One thing. Don't make the band a permanent hook up. There are times when you'll want to unhook the band. Like, while digging.

And BTB why do you have your Detector shaft set so short? 🤔

Maybe she has a 24" inseam.

Yes I am short!

Any way, I hurt way too much after yesterday. I think I’m gonna table my extra curricular activities until/if my neck/back/hips get straightened out. Just gonna walk.

But thanks for trying to help me.

Geesh ! Feel the love.

Yes I am short!

Any way, I hurt way too much after yesterday. I think I’m gonna table my extra curricular activities until/if my neck/back/hips get straightened out. Just gonna walk.

But thanks for trying to help me.

The laughy was for the tune, not at your pains.
It almost sounds like you've got a virus.
Had one back in the 80's.
Each day the body just ached, hurting some bad.
They thought it was something, but I got scared and sold everything in Phoenix ad headed back to Canada.
Turned out to be a virus bug.
Hope you are up and running soon WD
Short!?
Heck in pictures you look tall.
Bloody trick photography gets me every time.

So 2 weeks past its due date. Still good to eat why?
Simple reason, there's no additives.
It's ironic, isn't it? All the "stuff" they put in food to make it last, and it still doesn't.

But a note on the expiration dates. They are generally a "best if used by this date" kind of thing, which is highly subjective anyway. It doesn't mean the food goes bad on that date or becomes unpalatable. I've eaten several food items that expired years ago with no ill effects (it's amazing what you find when cleaning out the pantry). I also ate a jar of home-canned chili that was canned (by me) 13 years ago. That's well past the one year they recommend. It smelled, looked, and tasted just fine.

Dreading work today dining hall is open. So I have to take orders set up and all kinds of things. The first day it was opened back up my day went terrible I got completely overwhelming and was about in tears because I just couldn't handle it. So been dreading going back. I do loath battling my generalized anxiety disorder. I shouldn't have to feel so worried and stressed about this job I feel sick and dread it. I haven't quit or given up but I'm not doing well having to feel this way about it. Gets hard when people have no comprehension of how it feels I do not choose for it to be this way nor is it something I can just change or decide not to feel like that. It been bad enough I come home depressed and shutdown. I don't want to quit I don't want to be a loser and I want to have some semblance of a life and to contribute. I'm just trying to hold on

Last edited:
Dreading work today dining hall is open. So I have to take orders set up and all kinds of things. The first day it was opened back up my day went terrible I got completely overwhelming and was about in tears because I just couldn't handle it. So been dreading going back. I do loath battling my generalized anxiety disorder. I shouldn't have to feel so worried and stressed about this job I feel sick and dread it. I haven't quit or given up but I'm not doing well having to feel this way about it. Gets hard when people have no comprehension of how it feels I do not choose for it to be this way nor is it something I can just change or decide not to feel like that. It been bad enough I coke home depressed and shutdown. I don't want to quit I don't want to be a loser and I want to have some semblance of a life and to contribute. I'm just trying to hold on
"It been bad enough I coke home depressed and shutdown."

Well there's the issue right there.
As Nancy said
"Say No To Drugs"🤣

"It been bad enough I coke home depressed and shutdown."

Well there's the issue right there.
As Nancy said
"Say No To Drugs"🤣
Sighs typos "come home depressed". I'm already mental enough without drugs so me I have no desire to mess with anything like that in the first place lol. I don't even drink anymore. I actually never understood why one would want to do drugs as drugs make one not so in control of their mind and such and yeah I don't like that feeling whatsoever. For example when my anxiety goes out of control and things go haywire that's never a pleasant experience

We all have experienced the expired milk, cream issue.
Make coffee and one gets the lumps.
Open the container and the 👃 is assaulted with that familiar gone bad smell.
So the 🌶 remembered the unopened 35% cream.
The Mrs said whip it up.
Oh ya 😏 🤪
It has a expired date.
View attachment 2107821
So the 🌶 opened up the sealed glass jug.
Sniffing 🫗 it out.
Froze half
Made a batch of pancakes, strawberries, whipped cream.View attachment 2107822
🌶 needs the calories.

So 2 weeks past its due date. Still good to eat why?
Simple reason, there's no additives.
View attachment 2107823
Notice the ingredient just one, cream.

I looked on line at what is in non-organic.
Cream, Milk, Carrageenan, Mono- And Diglycerides, Cellulose Gum, Polysorbate 80, Sodium Citrate.
First digits are 88. Then 18th Sept.
So it's good till 2088!
L.o.l..

Organic milk has far longer best by dates.
Not recalling the difference (a month perhaps?) but I tend to buy a half gallon of organic after an unpleasant surprise of "regular" milk.
Have not studied shelf stable milk.
Heard it exists at a certain dollar store but haven't visited to investigate.
They might think I'm odd. Well ,odd-er .

Mornin all.
Yesterday kicked my butt. Or more likely the day before did.
Tearing apart a shanty to burn yesterday. Got one wall off . More tore down inside , but never even got a fire started where I'd dug and burned other stuff the day before..
Thought I'd have it all finished and more yesterday.
Ahh well. I'll count any gain as a gain. l.o.l..

Mornin all.
Yesterday kicked my butt. Or more likely the day before did.
Tearing apart a shanty to burn yesterday. Got one wall off . More tore down inside , but never even got a fire started where I'd dug and burned other stuff the day before..
Thought I'd have it all finished and more yesterday.
Ahh well. I'll count any gain as a gain. l.o.l..
I have found that I have the ability to complete all my tasks in my head.
Then apparently I have to count in the untold interruptions that happen.
Then the task takes longer than thought.

Today I got motivated to make one of my mom’s recipes. They are not really hers. If she seen something in the paper or magazine that sounded good, she would transfer it into her composition book.
This turned out pretty good and I thought I would share. I’m guessing it is originally a Campbell’s Soup recipe.

IMG_4206.jpeg

IMG_4207.jpeg

IMG_4208.jpeg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back